Dewhurst/Cruz Debate

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
OldCannon
Posts in topic: 2

Dewhurst/Cruz Debate

Post by OldCannon »

Just finished watching it. I think Cruz had his A game on today. He gets my vote.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Choctaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dewhurst/Cruz Debate

Post by Choctaw »

Had my vote from day one. Dewhurst is the epitome of a RINO.
Last edited by Choctaw on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35 days...mailbox to mailbox

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Choctaw wrote:Had my vote from day one. Dewhurst is the epitome of a a RINO.

:iagree: :iagree:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

:iagree: Now if we can get enough turnout for the vote?
N5PNZ

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

He has the vote of me and my family.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

I wish they'd discuss positions on something like HR 1865 Recreational Lands Self-Defense Act http://t.co/sYEVJHZB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; instead of their TV ads.

Kay Baily and John Cornyn were and appear still clueless about such matters.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Speaking of ads has anyone noticed the similarity between the recent Dewhurst ads about Cruz and the recent Obama ads about Romney.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Cruz gets my vote as well.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

OldCannon wrote:Just finished watching it. I think Cruz had his A game on today. He gets my vote.
Honest to Pete, I didn't even know it was on or I would have watched it. I'm having major issues with Google Apps Enterprise Edition and trying to penetrate their Wall of Unaccountability to get the support I paid for.

Anyway, is it perhaps viewable on the web somewhere? Maybe I'll go try YouTube. I'm kind of PO'd at Google right now and don't want to even look at their search engine pages. (Yes, I know....Google owns YouTube.... :grumble )
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Read TSRA's position.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Choctaw wrote:Dewhurst is the epitome of a RINO.
Based upon what?

Chas.

hi-power

Post by hi-power »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Anyway, is it perhaps viewable on the web somewhere? Maybe I'll go try YouTube.
This is all I could find so far.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/debate/

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

philip964 wrote:Speaking of ads has anyone noticed the similarity between the recent Dewhurst ads about Cruz and the recent Obama ads about Romney.
I'm sick of the attack ads in both directions. I'm tired of hearing about a lawsuit over an American company that moved manufacturing to China and Cruz wasn't a political prisoner in Cuba, his father allegedly was! That would be like me trying to take credit for my father fighting on Guadalcanal.

At my age and with my political/legislative experience, I'm not surprised at this type of campaigning, but I'm certainly insulted that candidates feel comfortable treating their constituents like village idiots.

Chas.

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
philip964 wrote:Speaking of ads has anyone noticed the similarity between the recent Dewhurst ads about Cruz and the recent Obama ads about Romney.
I'm sick of the attack ads in both directions. I'm tired of hearing about a lawsuit over an American company that moved manufacturing to China and Cruz wasn't a political prisoner in Cuba, his father allegedly was! That would be like me trying to take credit for my father fighting on Guadalcanal.

At my age and with my political/legislative experience, I'm not surprised at this type of campaigning, but I'm certainly insulted that candidates feel comfortable treating their constituents like village idiots.

Chas.
I think that all politicians should be limited to what they can do as opposed to what their opponents can’t do.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
I agree Charles. Just onece I would like to see a campaign run based on the issues at hand instead of bashing the opposition. Can't anyone run a clean campaign anymore?
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “2012 Texas & Federal Elections”