2014 Primary Results

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 12

Re: 2014 Primary Results

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Lon Burnam lost!!! :thewave His opponent is an unknown and not likely to be good on our issue, but at least they will not have the seniority of Burnam.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Senator Donna Campbell (Senate Dist. 25) won her primary against a lot of San Antonio (Straus country) money backing Novak.
Rep. George Lavendar (House Dist. 1), the "author" of the open-carry bill, lost.
Rep. Lance Gooden (House Dist. 4), very pro-gun, lost.

Chas.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Senator Donna Campbell (Senate Dist. 25) won her primary against a lot of San Antonio (Straus country) money backing Novak.
Rep. George Lavendar (House Dist. 1), the "author" of the open-carry bill, lost.

Chas.

I feel good about Campbell winning. Was concerned about Novak and his crony backers.

Hate Patterson lost.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SewTexas »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Senator Donna Campbell (Senate Dist. 25) won her primary against a lot of San Antonio (Straus country) money backing Novak.

Chas.

Novak and Chan didn't even come close :anamatedbanana
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Tic Tac

Post by Tic Tac »

Oldgringo wrote:Is Dan Patrick a 'good guy'? I didn't get my NRA recommendations until the day after I voted.
He talks a good game. Time will tell if he really means it and saw the error of his ways.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

Chas.
Who is in Dist. 1 and Dist 4. What is there standing on gun issues?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Tic Tac wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Is Dan Patrick a 'good guy'? I didn't get my NRA recommendations until the day after I voted.
He talks a good game. Time will tell if he really means it and saw the error of his ways.
He's done more than talk a good game. He's voted with us on all issues.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Beiruty wrote:

Chas.
Who is in Dist. 1 and Dist 4. What is there standing on gun issues?
District 1: Gary VanDeaver A-rated by NRA/TSRA Questionnaire
District 2: Stuart Spitzer A-rated by NRA/TSRA Questionnaire

We should be fine.

Chas.

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

This was my first Republican Primary. Glad to see I got it right with Patterson.
On some philosophical level, I don't like the idea of being a single issue voter. But pro or anti 2A seems to pretty much sum up a candidates opinion of the voting public. I just can't get my self to pull the lever for a candidate who has such a low opinion of me as to think I shouldn't be able to exercise such a basic Constitutional right.
Keep talking guys, I'm listening.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I would like to see the pro gun/2A folks come out and show more support and have a bigger impact.

Further to what Charles said, I think it is a reminder of what a small percentage of folks have a CHL and are informed and active. Kind of sheds some light on how ineffective "boycotts" of anti-CHL businesses probably are. Maybe apathy is our biggest enemy.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

I am proud to be a single issue voter

and

I am delighted, that here in Texas, there was a selection of Pro-2nd Amendment candidates running.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Looks like Cornyn stomped Stockman like a cochroach. I like that Seced Kilgore received 1% of the vote for Republican candidate for Governor. :bigear:

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Good thing not all Cornyn supporters were as complacent and confident in an automatic win as some. ;-)

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Conservatives Win Big!

March 5, 2014 by Michael Quinn Sullivan

Tuesday night’s results made for a very good morning for conservatives in Texas.

A few fast facts about last-night’s Republican primary:
•The most liberal Republican in the Texas Senate lost.
•Conservative ranks in the Senate are swelling.
•Every House conservative won re-election (with re-enforcements coming from the open-seat races).
•House incumbents affiliated with Speaker Joe Straus lost big.
•Statewide races saw the TFR-backed candidates earning commanding leads going into run-offs.
http://www.empowertexans.com/features/c ... g/#results" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like this comment from near the end of the article.
Indeed, Keffer’s “win” might be best considered “Pyrrhic,” as the resources sent to him translated into big losses elsewhere for Team Straus. By marshaling forces for Keffer, Straus lost Bennett Ratliff, Ralph Sheffield, Linda Harper-Brown, Diane Patrick and Lance Gooden. They were each soundly defeated by Matt Rinaldi, Molly White, Rodney Anderson, Tony Tinderholt and Stuart Spitzer, respectively.

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

Wendy Davis apparently got spanked by her own Dem voters. Wonderful.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/03/06/wend ... o-georgia/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

Return to “2012 Texas & Federal Elections”