Sig Sauer Armorer's Course DVDs

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Sig Sauer Armorer's Course DVDs

Post by WildBill »

Does any one have any experience with SIG SAUER ARMORER'S DVD available from Brownell's?

I am thinking of putting a short trigger in my Sig P239. I have read that it's pretty simple, but since I am a bit of a mechanical klutz [gunsmithing and otherwise] I don't want to end up with a bag of pistol parts. Do you know if this DVD would cover something like this? I would also like to be able to put back the old trigger if I didn't like the new one. Does anyone know if this is beyond an amatuer amatuer. Or maybe you could recommend a local [Clear Lake area] gunsmith would could do it for a small fee.

Thanks.
Bill
NRA Endowment Member

roadrunner
Posts in topic: 1

Post by roadrunner »

I picked up the Sig Armorer's course from TopGunSupply. VERY good instruction. I did exactly what you are thinking about... replaced a short trigger on a 228.
Fairly easy(and I had NO experience with this sort of thing).. only one piece gave me trouble on reinstall.. just took a couple of tries... viola. short trigger! And yes, you can put the standard trigger back in if you choose.
I'd say give it a shot.

Xander
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Xander »

Yup, I too bought them both from TopGunSupply.com, and they're excellent. I'd highly recommend that anyone who owns a Sig get the one appropriate for their model.

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

Thanks Roadrunner & Xander.
I will order them today! :grin:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General”