Tactical Response course Review "Fighting Pistol 1&

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Bill
Posts in topic: 1

Tactical Response course Review "Fighting Pistol 1&

Post by Bill »

I decided to post this review with new topic because I though it was getting buried in the other post.

BASIC PISTOL FIGHTING

I was going to give a day by day chronological ordered review but my memory is focused on the events not time. First let me say I do not work for nor have not received any fees for this review. I also can not be held labial for your dislikes or mishaps if you take the class. I am not a writer so don’t complain about my grammar. Now to the review

This is not the class for sheep, it is a sheep dog class, a fighting class, a class that will push you to your physical limit ( not in a cardiovascular way although there is some) and no matter how good you are you will find humility. If you have a desire to carry your pistol and protect your loved ones at home and away this class is for you. If you are man enough to step up and say enough is enough and I have the right to protect myself and my family then this class is for you. If you have any intention of using your weapon for self defense then you must become proficient in a battle for your life.

We start at 9am and if you are late humility will come all to soon, I was there at 8am. After intors and a briefing its load-um up men and to the targets. Mindset, mindset, mindset, oh and how about mindset, along with Tactics and skill. The skill comes with practice almost automatically, tactics can be taught but mindset is a part inside of you that is a conscious decision to win the fight. Mr Yeager will drill mindset and tactics into your brain proving that we as Warriors or Sheepdogs have this within.

Most of us, like me are use to firing from standing position in a now boring gun range setting, but that’s just not real life, Yeager teaches real life, how to prepare for a gunfight, and like he says, fight is the root word of gunfight. As day one unfolds we are developing mindset, tactics and skill preparing for a gunfight

· Standing
· Kneeling
· Sitting
· Laying or prone
· Fetal
· Supine

Now do these with your week hand

How about Jams, even Glocks can have them, more so when people like me mess around with by changing parts to save a few bucks. This was very discouraging and I recommend a 9mm Glock NOT MODIFIED as Yeager would say. If you are sensitive to curse words I suggest you find another class, it is what it is, although we do have to go back to our family’s and workplace and its easy to slip up sometimes, anyway back to the subject I became pretty good at clearing malfunctions.
· Type 1,2,3
· Weak hand as well
· Now do these in all positions

Remember, as we are taught over and over
FIGHT
ACESSES
SCAN—not turn your head you idiot, turn around and scan 361 degrees
TAC-RELOAD

As we progressed thing got more adrenalin pumping, heart pounding fun

As James pointed out multiple bag guys scenarios happen almost 50% of the time so as we train to shoot multiple targets what about the BG that come from behind.
You MUST know the feeling of firing while being attacked.

I have never fired a pistol while holding a target in the retentive position, but this a very real scenario

As much shooting as there was 700-800 rounds a day and of course my extra 200 rounds laying on the ground from malfunctions, we did take a break for a morning lecture on the second day. Oh did I say break, well there are none so bring your snacks and plenty of water, although we do stop for a 1hour lunch but not a 1hour and 10 minutes unless you like humility.

Our lecture consist of our study guide which you were supposed to read on night one. Here are the topics
· Mindset
· Tactics
· Deadly force

These were reviewed in depth and at length, Yeager is actually a pretty good public speaker, by keeping on subject, moving fast enough, and delivering in his own satirical way the lecture really flew by. His hand out gives the same info for review, and I suggest you put it by your throne for morning reviews

Any number of these drills really stick in my mind, can and will be practiced at home or with a group of fellow warriors.

If I found one drill the most interesting would be the 21ft drill. If a BG comes at you in a full run how much time do you have? We practiced this scenario were we measured were the BG would have been before you can get a round of. Most of of would have been attacked before we had a shot. Unlike competition it is hard to anticipate when the attacker will bolt. It all about speed, accuracy and without question a difficult drill

I think everyone that believes that owning a gun, whether it a pistol ,rifle ,shotgun should become proficient in self defense. Its only through these Outstanding instructors can we accomplish this. We are protectors of our Family’s and loved ones, and our fellow man as well. There are wolves lurking that could care less about your life or your family’s, why not invest in the safety of our future.

ADVANCED PISTOL FIGHTING

Wow, to think we are to advance to still another level is just plain FUN !!!!!!! at the same time a little scary. So why would I , or want to advance what I just spent 400.00 dollars on in the last class. Ok, let put this another way, how much is you and your family security worth. We spend thousands of dollars on insurance to protect pur investments and insure adequate health care, so to me it only makes sense.

Things you learn in advanced class

· What it feels like to be hit hard enough to pass out, yes you will
· Can you shoot while struggling with multiple bad guys, yes you will
· Out of breath, can I continue the fight, yes you will
· Do you know the 21ft rule, you will learn yours
· Can you fight in all types of weather, we did
· Multiple pistols, no problem
· When you run out of ammo you still have your knife and will deploy it

There are other drills that I really do not want to speak of, you will find out if you are up to the task on your own. There is one very secret drill and if I told you I would have to shoot myself before Yeager does.

So, that about all of my illiterate nonsense I can squeeze out of my peanut sized brain, I hope you join up with someone whether it be Yeager, Saurez, Farnham, or others, just do this soon because you do not know the date, time, or place you will need this training.

Bill Giffen
video of me "clean wholesome fun"
to see pictures These are adult only site ( potty mouth )
http://getoffthex.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 9231019073
http://getoffthex.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 3621059173
retired CHL Instructor

Return to “General”