KR Review

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Bill
Posts in topic: 3

KR Review

Post by Bill »

Thanks to Karl for being a great host, I am sure I speak for all. A good teacher and great target. :fire

First let me say, I see airsoft fighting comparable to fighter pilot training in a simulator, but as opposed to the real thing we get do-overs. Karl has designed a series's of drills to first get your feet wet then move in a proscribed manner to full battle scenario.

Random observations.
1. those little bb's hurt, some blood was drawn. We did not need the Blow out kit or trauma kits just a bandage or two.

2. Murphy's law applies here, " if there exist a piece of skin or unprotected area on your body the bb will find it no matter how small. I put the vest under my sweater from the start, by the end of class everyone had found the benefit

3. Choosing cover, when do we run, shoot, or run and shoot. We practice this from 1,3,5 steps and each distance has its own scenario.

4. We were put into a scenario where we were in a parking garage and three people approached but only one BG. Use of cover, quickness in the draw, being in the yellow zone +, really red zone only because we new the scenario. You learn how you react in those situations.

5. We briefly practiced a surprise and fire movement, the BG has a hostage and we have to place the bullet in the soft tissue area of the head box, thats the area around the eyes and nose. You will have to spin fast and not miss.

6.You will get shot, most likely in the hand,arm,shoulder, because you stick them out to the shooter. Thus we must train weak hand drills and become as proficient as our strong side

7. Unfortunately the weather prevented us from the night version which was what I was looking for the most. I would suspect most incursion happen a night are you will be most vulnerable at low light unless your training in low light. I am sure we will be back for this again.

As I have said before, you have invested in your being allowed to carry, but do you really know how you will react in these scenario's? are you good to go when a malfunction 2,3 occurs, we spend many hours watching TV and doing nothing, why not invest in your security, oh that's right the police will protect you.
Last edited by Bill on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
retired CHL Instructor

stroo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stroo »

Where was this course?

Topic author
Bill

Post by Bill »

http://www.krtraining.com/index.html

It was held up by Giddings
retired CHL Instructor

fm2

Post by fm2 »

Thanks for the AAR!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for the review Bill!

FOF is priceless training.

Your comment about Murphy's law is so true. We had a guy get a tooth chipped with a BB that went thru his facemask. Talk about freak accident.

Hopefully you'll get the chance to try out lowlight FOF next time. I learned quite a bit. It's one thing to have read a book on lowlight FOF... but executing the finer points takes practice. Flashlights are getting better by the day, but the experience taught me the importance of having a good flashlight and training your eye to pick up the proper cues. After missing a few BG's hiding in the dark I came to the realization that it doens't matter how long you spend on the range if you don't see your adversary.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

atxbandit

Post by atxbandit »

Bill,
I saw in your previous post that you have a G23 airsoft and was wondering where you bought it. I found some places online that sell them but would like a recomendation. I was thinking about taking some classes at KR after my CHL gets here. I have heard good things about KR both here and on GlockTalk.
Ruben

Topic author
Bill

Post by Bill »

Airsoft Atlanta, its the kJW and bought an extra mag for tactical reloads. It so close to the real thing its scary. Several orders with good service

Kuan Ju Works G23 Pistol
Full Metal Gas Blowback Pistol
Highly realistic blowback action
Uses Green Gas (HFC22) (300 FPS w/ .20g)
Can use the propane adapter to subsitute for green gas
Very Solid, excellent gas gun. A+
Included magazine holds 20 rounds
Extra magazines available
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/gas.htm
retired CHL Instructor

Return to “General”