Hoffners class this weekend AAR next week

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Bill
Posts in topic: 2

Hoffners class this weekend AAR next week

Post by Bill »

I will be attending this class this weekend, I will report back next week when I recover. My wife thinks I joining the Army :lol:

Dynamic Tactical Rifle, Moving Shooter, Moving Targets

26 hours, Victoria Texas

This one of a kind High Speed, Low drag Rifle course is a must for any tactical rifle owner. It’s a great weekend in Victoria with the rifle and lots and lots of movement. Shooters and targets will be on the go, just like the real deal, aggressing, digressing, lateral movement, attacking targets, hiding targets, plus low light moving tactics, Hooyah! Training doesn’t get any more real and exciting than this. This class will be fun and will increase your abilities to a dynamic high level of skill. Don’t miss out. This is our only trip to Victoria this year and you know we are treated like royalty and have a great time down there. Get your registration in early.

Date: Sat-Sun, Dec 1,2, 2007, 9am start
Location: Victoria, Tobin Ranch Range, Home of Hoffners Training Academy Texas South
Tuition: $395
Equipment: Standard carry gear including Rifle Tactical Sling preferred) & 1000 rounds, Pistol & 50 rounds, ear & eye protection
Pre-requisites: Previous Rifle Training
retired CHL Instructor

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skiprr »

Give my best to Dennis Tobin. He deserves a boat-load of recognition, but is content to fly under the radar. He makes advanced tactical training happen in Victoria...which for many of us is a lot closer than Thunder Ranch.

Stay at the Fairfield. The Red Lobster, right across the parking lot, serves until 11:00 on Friday and Saturday. You may need that late dinner. Take a cooler. Fill it up with ice from the machine on the first floor by the elevator. :grin: Take more Gatorade than you think you could possibly drink. Pretend you're suplying two people. Even in the cool temps, you can get more dehydrated out there than you think. Drink early and often. There are no water coolers at Tobin's. And layer. Don't wear any one garment that will be too heavy and too warm. It can get cold out there in the wind, but this weekend looks mild.
This is our only trip to Victoria this year and you know we are treated like royalty and have a great time down there.
Again, all thanks to Dennis Tobin. And he opens his personal range to local LEOs. He really is a heck of a guy.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
Bill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bill »

Thanks for the heads up Skiprr :thumbsup:
retired CHL Instructor

Return to “General”