Santa's training wishlist for 2008

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Bill
Posts in topic: 1

Santa's training wishlist for 2008

Post by Bill »

OK warriors and warrioretts, whats on your wish list for training in 2008

1. Hoffner shotgun, American Defenders, SoSu
2. CHL instructor
3. NRA Instructor courses
4. Gabe Suarez 4 days in Tenn FOF High intensity gun fighting, Vehicle and knife. Four glorious days training to defend our families
5. Tactical Response
6. Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
8. Immediate Action Medical

Now if I only had more money and time
retired CHL Instructor

fm2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by fm2 »

Hey Bill,

Tac Pro Shooting Center has Tactical Response Immediate Action Medical
on 5/6 Jan.

For me in no particular order:

1. ECQC 1/2
2. Pepper Spray 101
3. Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting. I missed the one last weekend @ Tac Pro Shooting Center
4. 23/24 Feb Rangemaster/Polite Society Tactical Conference at MPD
5 Mastering the defensive snubby class
6 NRA Basic Instructor
7 InSights street & vehicle tactics
8 CSAT Tactical pistol & rifle
9 some kind of wrestling class
10 some kind of street boxing class

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

Dear Santa:

My current wish-list would look like:

Farnam: Advanced Defensive Handgun, Urban Rifle and Shotgun, Victoria TX, 29 Feb - 2 Mar 2008

CSAT: Tac Pistol 1, Nacogdoches TX, 8-9 Mar 2008 (Those back-to-back would make for a very busy two weeks)

Suarez: Advanced Rifle Gunfighting, Houston TX, 15-16 May 2008

Suarez: Close Range Gunfighting, Houston TX, Aug 2008

Suarez: Low Light Gunfighting, Houston TX, 7-8 Nov 2008

(Maybe; it's a massive 6-day course) CSAT: Tac Pistol Instructor, Nacogdoches TX, 18-23 Nov 2008

NRA: Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor, Pearland TX, TBD (I've done Basic Instructor, Basic Pistol, and Personal Protection Inside the Home; need this one to round it all out :grin: )

And, Santa, a Lotto win would help me fund it all, and maybe even give me enough green to think about Gunsite and TR in Oregon. 'Cause it's never just the class, it's the ammo and the travel and the lodging, too. ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Skiprr

Re: Santa's training wishlist for 2008

Post by Skiprr »

Farnam: Advanced Defensive Handgun, Urban Rifle and Shotgun, Victoria TX, 29 Feb - 2 Mar 2008
This one's happenin'. If you're going to be attending in Victoria, please shoot me a PM. Not only do I have preparation tips, but I'll buy you an early dinner at Red Lobster. ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?

Skiprr

Re: Santa's training wishlist for 2008

Post by Skiprr »

Skiprr wrote:
This one's happenin'. If you're going to be attending in Victoria, please shoot me a PM. Not only do I have preparation tips, but I'll buy you an early dinner at Red Lobster. ;-)
Seriously. You get a free (early) dinner.

I have one taker. Nobody else brave enough to undertake Farnam's course in Victoria?

Return to “General”