Texas Training schools

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

misterlarry

Re: Texas Training schools

Postby misterlarry » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:52 pm

I took my first two courses this last Saturday at Conroe Shooting Academy. Each course was 2.5 hours in length and each cost $30. The first course was their mandatory safety class "Handling a Gun in a Dynamic Environment" (shot about 80 rounds) and the second class was "Engaging Multiple Targets" (shot about 165 rounds). Each course had a classroom component followed by range time instruction. Shooter experience levels ranged from novice to experienced shooters in each class, range safety practices were outstanding, and the instructors were very knowledgeable, helpful, and engaging. The courses were certainly worth my time, money, and ammunition, and I will definitely be returning to take their other classes.

Check them out at:

www.conroeshootingacademy.com/

:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

cyphur

Re: Texas Training schools

Postby cyphur » Wed May 10, 2017 8:44 am

Please add Trident Response Group here in Dallas to the list. They are all veterans, most with combat experience with JSOC (SEALs and Rangers mostly). Top notch instruction, focused on real world. They train in the kill house in Dallas and then do a lot of dynamic live fire training down at ETTS. Most of their instructors are also available for one on one training for things like pistol skills or precision long range.

You won't find a better group of guys. I've trained with them on multiple occasions and have always left with a new skill or increased competency.

https://tridentresponse.com/
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke
"Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems." - Ryan Job, SEAL Team 3
"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

Return to “General”