Tim Oxley?

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Woody
Posts in topic: 2

Tim Oxley?

Post by Woody »

I would very much like to continue my training beyond my CHL and was given the name of Tim Oxley here in Houston as an instructor. But I have been unable to locate him. Can anyone tell me where he is now?

Chris

ghentry

Post by ghentry »

I just searched on Google and found this information, but have no idea how current it is:

Texas Small Arms Academy
713-561-5335
Tim Oxley, Instructor

Hope this helps

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

I worked with Tim in the late 80's early 90's. We were both Range Officers at the now defunct Southwest Rifle Range in Sugar Land. He's a great guy and has probably forgotten more about weapons training than I'll ever know. We used to put soda cans on the target boards at 100 yards and shoot them with our 45's when there were no customers. Great memories.
It's been years since I saw him. I may give him a call myself.

Topic author
Woody

Post by Woody »

ghentry,
Thanks anyway....the number is some non-used company exention. I'll keep looking.

He came HIGHLY reccommended.....

Chris

one eyed fatman
Banned

Re: Tim Oxley?

Post by one eyed fatman »

Woody wrote:I would very much like to continue my training beyond my CHL and was given the name of Tim Oxley here in Houston as an instructor. But I have been unable to locate him. Can anyone tell me where he is now?

Chris
You might try these people. Let me know what you think of this course.

http://www.cdshoot.com/concealedhandgunclasses/

What your looking for will be at the bottom half of the page.

ghentry

Post by ghentry »

I was looking at that site and found this humorous:
AND YOU WILL NEED BETWEEN 2 AND 300 ROUNDS.
I guess the 2 rounds would be for the guys that are so bad they get kicked off the range :wink:

I know, I know, they meant 200 - 300 rounds. That's a lot of shooting for two hours don't you think? Sounds like fun.

one eyed fatman
Banned

Post by one eyed fatman »

Are you kidding? I can go out to my range and shoot 200-250 rounds in an hour to hour and a half. I feel like (once I get warmed up) one shot every one or two seconds makes me shoot better. It's kind of like music, once you got a rhythm going don't stop till you've finished the song (emptied the mag).

TEX

Post by TEX »

Tim works for the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Department now. His brother Phil Oxley operates the range near Brookshire named “The Impact Zone�. A search should bring up his web page and e-mail address. Phil should know how to get in touch with Tim. I also heard that Tim would be holding classes at the Impact Zone. I trained with Tim at a Gunsite class back in the late 80s or early 90s. He was knowledgeable, patient and attentive. I think you would benefit from his training. He is also an outstanding marksman when he has been practing and is in form.

TEX

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Here is the website for The Impact Zone

http://community-2.webtv.net/impactzone ... eHomepage/

I know that therooster has worked with him and HIGHLY recommends him.

therooster

Post by therooster »

if anyone wants to contact him, i have Tim's number and his brother Phil's aswell.
Last edited by therooster on Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"live with honor, and let not your death be born by the pallbearers of disgrace, cruelty, weekness, and fear." - Justin Smith in a letter to Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

TXDPSA

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Rooster, I'd be interested in that. What level of class (beginners, etc.) will this be.

therooster

Post by therooster »

i'm sure it will be rotated between pistol I and pistol II month to month. but you never know, if Tim has a good class that is already experienced and is learning well he could probably cover both, or one and most of the other.

but for you LJ, i know you are experienced enough to be a good student in his class. your definately not a beginner.
"live with honor, and let not your death be born by the pallbearers of disgrace, cruelty, weekness, and fear." - Justin Smith in a letter to Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

TXDPSA

therooster

Post by therooster »

**Updated news on Tims training**

i just talked to Tim last night, and he told me he is going to be doing nightly class(day is yet undetermined)

its going to work like this. you pay $200(dont quote me on the price, i know it wont be more than $300) for a month and go every tuesday(or whatever day it ends up being) night for 3 hrs. it will be held at Impact Zone, if you need directions i will be glad to help. so basicly your taking a 1 - 1.5 day class spread out over a month.

if you are the least bit interested he wants you to call him. Tim told me to give out his # so here it is.

Tim Oxley
if you want you can tell him I(Jason) told you to call

i think he will teach a class as small as 6. this is a very good deal so i suggest you guys look into it.

TXDPSA

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Tim's an excellent instructor and I'm sure it will be time well spent.

Chas.

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Tim will be having a 2 day class at Impact Zone on Sept. 24 & 25. Cost will be $300.

He says that future class prices will be higher.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Return to “General”