Medical class- Austin, 2010

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
fm2
Posts in topic: 1

Medical class- Austin, 2010

Post by fm2 »

T R Imediate Action Medical class- Austin, 2010
I thought I'd pass along some training information on an upcoming class.

Who: Tactical Response
What: Immediate Action Medical
When: May 15-16, 2010
Where: Austin, TX
Full tuition = $450
Deposit = $225

============================================

Details:
This course was designed from the ground up to train a person with no prior medical experience on how to keep a victim of a violent crime or terrorst act, like a stabbing, shooting or bombing, alive until an ambulance arrives. This course is narrow in scope and will center on assisting victims of violence.

This class includes training on tactical safety and how to prevent injuries, moral obligations to render aide, legal issues like the Good Samaritan laws, biohazard precautions, the physical and mental effects of adrenaline, the survival principles, communication, trauma kits vs. first aid kits, scene safety, anatomical stopping power, patient movement, assessments, proper ways to stop the top 3 gunfighting injuries (blocked airway, critical blood loss and Tension Pneumothorax) as well as the Mindset, Tactics, Skill and Gear you need to keep someone alive until medical assistance arrives.

Students will participate in and watch other students in multiple practical scenarios where they will be guided and tested on how to provide care under stress.

LINK:
http://www.tacticalresponse.com/course.php?courseID=36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“It is the belief that violence is an aberration that is dangerous because it lulls us into forgetting how easily violence may erupt in quiescent places.” S. Pinker

Paladin

Re: Medical class- Austin, 2010

Post by Paladin »

I'm told this is a fantastic class. It's well beyond what you would get out of even an ordinary EMT class. Thanks for posting fm2!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Bill

Re: Medical class- Austin, 2010

Post by Bill »

I took Suarez 1 day class and walked away with the confidence I could take care of several life threatening scenarios, Knowing Yeager and his all out there style this would be one great class. Unfortunately I will be at a Hoffners class in Victoria (Moving Shooter moving target) otherwise I would take it.

For those interested in Hoffners class its May 15-16, you can contact me
Bill
retired CHL Instructor

Return to “General”