Handicapped training

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
slipstick101
Posts in topic: 1

Handicapped training

Post by slipstick101 »

I’m a retired environmental engineer who is handicapped with a back injury requiring using a power wheelchair for mobility for the past 10 years. I do have a CCL and generally carry in a DiSantos sky marshal (crossdraw) holster in the 11:00 o’clock position. I do not carry off body for fear of being knocked out of the chair and thus being unarmed in a situation.

I have been trying to find some training course for someone who is disabled in Central Texas area, but to date have not been successful. I do shoot at my local range on at least a monthly basis. Prior to my injury I shot IDPA for about 10 years. Anyone out there know of this type of training, or wish to contact me to discuss this type of issue?

FCH

Re: Handicapped training

Post by FCH »

I noticed you did not receive any responses. Did you ever find any more about training? I have a similar problem with mobility. I work out at my local range but would love to add some drills and info. I am in South Central Texas.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

dcphoto

Post by dcphoto »

Have you spoken to Karl at KR Training? I'm not sure what he could offer, but their classes are good and I bet they can come up with something.

http://www.krtraining.com

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Check into the NRA's Adaptive Shooting Programs and see if there's a certified instructor near you. I noticed a link for it today as I was doing something else on the instructors portal and remembered this thread.

The contacts I saw were oriented toward the training division side of things, but I bet they could point you in the right direction.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Return to “General”