Sig Armorer's Courses - Conroe

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Sig Armorer's Courses - Conroe

Post by Scott B. »

FYI: There's a Sig Sauer Classic Line Pistols, Armorer's Course, being offered in Conroe, TX, 10.05.2016 to 10.06.2016. There's also P320 1 day class on 10.04.

https://www.sigsaueracademy.com/course/ ... tification (make sure you check the 2016 classes, not the 2017).

21 seats still open for the classic and 17 for the P320 class. And yes, I'm posting because I'm signed up and hope they have enough attending to not cancel on me. No idea where in Conroe or who's hosting it. Waiting to hear back from Sig.

You need a LTC or LEO credentials. Otherwise, they have to run a background check and that takes time which is quickly running out.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sig Armorer's Courses - Conroe

Post by Jusme »

Scott B. wrote:FYI: There's a Sig Sauer Classic Line Pistols, Armorer's Course, being offered in Conroe, TX, 10.05.2016 to 10.06.2016. There's also P320 1 day class on 10.04.

https://www.sigsaueracademy.com/course/ ... tification (make sure you check the 2016 classes, not the 2017).

21 seats still open for the classic and 17 for the P320 class. And yes, I'm posting because I'm signed up and hope they have enough attending to not cancel on me. No idea where in Conroe or who's hosting it. Waiting to hear back from Sig.

You need a LTC or LEO credentials. Otherwise, they have to run a background check and that takes time which is quickly running out.

Forgive my ignorance, but why do the people who take the class, have to have their LTC, Texas Peace Officer's License, or submit to a background check? I understand they will be handling guns, but if they are not selling firearms, why the requirements? Does one have to have those things to get the certificate? Again, it just seems odd to me, but there may be a legitimate reason for it. :tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Sig Armorer's Courses - Conroe

Post by Scott B. »

Good question. I know for the Glock course you need to be a LEO, MIL, FFL, or GSS member (no bg check there, just a check to Glock).

Transfer of firearms technical information is regulated by ITAR. Restricting courses to credentialed people helps with that I imagine. Cuts out felons certainly. Exclusivity has cachet too, could be partly that.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Return to “General”