Arms Room LTC Class Review

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Cfanch89
Posts in topic: 1

Arms Room LTC Class Review

Post by Cfanch89 »

I had the pleasure of taking the LTC Class on 01/02/17 at the arms room in Dickinson and must say it was great experience. Being a Army combat veteran i was not looking forward to sitting thru a 6 hr class. But Tom Estep made the class very enjoyable. Very Informative , great speaker and a hell of a shooter, I will be contacting him to pursue further private training.

If you are looking for a place to take the course , Go to the Arms Room and request Tom!

BHill

Re: Arms Room LTC Class Review

Post by BHill »

Tom is a first class individual and a heck of an instructor. I would highly recommend him. Glad you enjoyed the class with him.
NRA Life Member

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Tom is a great guy and yes One Heck of a Shooter!
He did my class in 2008-2009 (prior to The Arms Room opening the location at 646 and I-45)
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

apvonkanel

Post by apvonkanel »

I took the class with Tom on 12/19. The required course material is pretty dull stuff, but the extras provided by him made it a lot easier to tolerate.
In the Navy I learned to love the Mossberg 590A1 and hate the Beretta M9

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

Cfanch89 wrote:I had the pleasure of taking the LTC Class on 01/02/17 at the arms room in Dickinson and must say it was great experience. Being a Army combat veteran i was not looking forward to sitting thru a 6 hr class. But Tom Estep made the class very enjoyable. Very Informative , great speaker and a heck of a shooter, I will be contacting him to pursue further private training.

If you are looking for a place to take the course , Go to the Arms Room and request Tom!
Agreed. I took the class from Tom Estep in 2015. A very good instructor. He gave very good and simple demonstrations on basic handling, safety, sight picture, etc. Then gave the proficiency test. He taught a decent little drill that can be practiced within the range rules. Then he gave the classroom material. He talked about the handgun laws in a way was that practical and easy to understand and focused on the things that would be on the test. He offered anyone who didn't pass the test to come back to his class the following week to retake the test for free, same with proficiency. Only thing to watch out for with The Arms Room is the Pre-Paid Legal Services pitch which occurred during the final break of the day. During my class we had wrapped up early because it was a small class size, and the legal pitch got the extra time...
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

twjones

Post by twjones »

Mega dittos on Tom... it was a great course! :cheers2:

:fire

Glock4ever
Banned

Post by Glock4ever »

allisji wrote:
Cfanch89 wrote:I had the pleasure of taking the LTC Class on 01/02/17 at the arms room in Dickinson and must say it was great experience. Being a Army combat veteran i was not looking forward to sitting thru a 6 hr class. But Tom Estep made the class very enjoyable. Very Informative , great speaker and a heck of a shooter, I will be contacting him to pursue further private training.

Agreed. I took the class from Tom Estep in 2015. A very good instructor. He gave very good and simple demonstrations on basic handling, safety, sight picture, etc. Then gave the proficiency test. He taught a decent little drill that can be practiced within the range rules. Then he gave the classroom material. He talked about the handgun laws in a way was that practical and easy to understand and focused on the things that would be on the test. He offered anyone who didn't pass the test to come back to his class the following week to retake the test for free, same with proficiency. Only thing to watch out for with The Arms Room is the Pre-Paid Legal Services pitch which occurred during the final break of the day. During my class we had wrapped up early because it was a small class size, and the legal pitch got the extra time...
Did anyone actually fail? It would be hard to not pass the written unless the person isn't fluent in English.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Key word is "break". A student does not have to pay attention or listen to non-certified speakers.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

Glock4ever wrote:
allisji wrote:

Did anyone actually fail? It would be hard to not pass the written unless the person isn't fluent in English.
To my knowledge no one failed the written, he stated before giving out the test that he allows anyone to retake it at no charge. So I assume that it's not uncommon for people to fail it. I scored 100%, but I felt that some of the questions were poorly worded and confusing. They did of course contain the legal language from the penal code, but I had never seen that language before the day that I took the class. I assume that a lot of people get tripped up on the legalese and double negatives and so forth.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

lowdogtx

Post by lowdogtx »

El Gato great instructor makes a dull class come alive :fire

Return to “General”