Lone Star Medics Tac Med EDC

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
rspeir
Posts in topic: 1

Lone Star Medics Tac Med EDC

Post by rspeir »

I took this 8 hour course by Lone Star Medics at KR Training near Lincoln, Texas on 12/9/17. Worth every penny! Course had a focus on active shooter situations, so trained on tourniquets, hemostatics, pressure bandages, chest seals, learned one and two man drags, and ran through multiple scenarios. The skills learned are also relevant to many other types of situations such as car wrecks, weather related events, etc. Caleb Causey, the director of LSM, kept the class entertaining and interesting while discussing sobering topics. By the end of the class, every student could self apply a tourniquet within 12 seconds to any arm or leg. Kudos to Karl Rehn of KR Training for making his facility available for the course.

lonestarmedics.com
krtraining.com

The Annoyed Man

Re: Lone Star Medics Tac Med EDC

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Several of us on the forum here have taken Lone Star Medics’ 2-day Medic 1 class, which is basically the same thing, but much more comprehensive and in-depth. I agree that it is well worth it. Caleb is a cool dude. And if you were paying attention, you also learned that whiskey is good to drink because it is all natural and comes from the ground. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jago668

Re: Lone Star Medics Tac Med EDC

Post by Jago668 »

Aye, I've taken the Medic 1 course and it is definitely worth it. Almost worth the money just to get to play with various medical gear to see what you want. Plus you get AED and CPR certs.
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “General”