a good laugh

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Bill
Posts in topic: 1

a good laugh

Post by Bill »

I decided to look for some clothing for training class. I went to a surplus place on 45 just north of Downtown. Wow, did not know I had so many choices, anyway I get back home and asked my wife to help me pick out my ensemble, of course her immediate reaction was honey you have never picked out matching clothes for church or anywhere for that matter, whats up. She was really laughing inside I could see it !!!

The discussion went something like this, OK black tactical pants with a tan and blue camo shirt, but do I need a black belt with tan holster, ok what about boots? No, how about tan pants with matching shirt belt and holster and boots. How about accessories, like vest, gloves, hats, I think I could have spent 500.00 easy. Well ,I will probably just wear my jeans and t-shirt

I can see the fellow who drives up all duded out, hey this could make a good Chevy Chase movie. "Defensive Pistol Vacation"
retired CHL Instructor

GlockenHammer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GlockenHammer »

The term that I use for guys that show up to training looking like that is "Tactical Ted". Just make sure that the equipment that counts is high quality--gun, magazines, ammo, holster, mag pouch, sunscreen, eyes, ears, brain and trigger finger.

Enjoy your training and stay safe.

Return to “General”