NRA Personal Protection Classes at PSC

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

NRA Personal Protection Classes at PSC

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I am going to be offering the NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home Class (PPIH) in October, followed by the NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home Class (PPOH) in November. The schedules are below. Please note that the PPIH class is a prerequisite for taking the PPOH class. This will let people complete both classes before the beginning of the holiday season.

I am going to do the legal portion for both the PPIH and PPOH classes on Friday evenings, along with the introduction material. This is the same for both PPIH and PPOH, so people taking both classes will not have attend the Friday night session for PPOH. If you want to hear it a second time, you are welcome to come, but you don’t have to.

Also, if you attend my Deadly Force & Legislative Update seminar on Friday, Sept. 28th, then you will get credit for the legal portion of the PPIH and PPOH courses, if you are taking them in Oct. and Nov., respectively.

Fees:
PPIH - $85
PPOH - $125

A 50% deposit will be required on registration.

Cut-off for registration will be Sept. 21st for the PPIH class, and Oct. 19th for the PPOH class. I need this much lead time to order class materials from the NRA. It is not necessary to register for both classes at the same time, but if you take PPIH and want credit for the Friday evening legal portion, then be sure to register for PPOH before the class is full.

Schedule
Oct. 5th (Friday): NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home (PPIH) 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Oct. 6th (Sat): PPIH 8:00 am to 5:00 pm

Nov. 2nd (Friday): NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home (PPOH) 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Nov. 3rd (Sat.): PPOH 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (Working lunch)

Nov. 17th (Sat.): PPOH 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (Working lunch)

I will post a Registration Form in the next few days. Meanwhile, if you would like to reserve a slot for either or both classes, please post on this thread or send me a PM or email and I'll add you to the roster.

Thanks,
Chas.
Last edited by Charles L. Cotton on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Ladyjack and I would like to attend the PPOH class in November.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Lumberjack98 wrote:Ladyjack and I would like to attend the PPOH class in November.
Have you taken the PPIH class? Sorry, I can't remember screen names.

Chas.

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Lumberjack98 wrote:Ladyjack and I would like to attend the PPOH class in November.
Have you taken the PPIH class? Sorry, I can't remember screen names.

Chas.
Sorry, we're Tony & Katie.

Yes we took it with Kinny Lee and you and Marc taught it.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skiprr »

Great classes, and a great tandem of instructors. Highly recommended.

(If I find a fake mustache and wig, maybe they wouldn't recognize me and I could take the courses again... ;-) )
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Mr. Cotton,

Is there a comprehensive list of what's required (and suggested) we bring for the two upcoming courses?

From reading this thread I have a partial idea, but having a complete check list would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Kyle(Houston)
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kyle(Houston) »

Abraham wrote:Mr. Cotton,

Is there a comprehensive list of what's required (and suggested) we bring for the two upcoming courses?

From reading this thread I have a partial idea, but having a complete check list would be very helpful.

Thanks.
Abraham,

I have taken both classes and I highly recommend them.

For the PPIH you will need a note pad and pen for the classroom portion. Then for the shooting portion you will need eye protection, ear protection, 100-150 rounds, at least two mags, and a gun obviously :lol:

For the PPOH you will need a note pad and pen for the classroom portion. Then for the shooting portion you will need eye protection, ear protection, a strong side holster, a cover garment, 200-300 rounds, at least two mags , and a gun.
"Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive."

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Kyle,

Thank you very much for the information.

Return to “General”