Now I am a Warrior (OK beginner warrior)

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Bill
Posts in topic: 1

Now I am a Warrior (OK beginner warrior)

Post by Bill »

We had a very condensed 1 day private instruction with Brian Hoffner where we spent the day at Impact Zone taking his Tactical Pistol I and I must say he is a very good teacher, although I do not have anyone to compare him to yet I have had enough instructors ( a teach electrical classes ) to know he really loves what he does.

The course was really about safety, processing information quickly, and accuracy. Ne and the other person were very equal in proficiency so we moved through the class at a rapid rate. My first fifty shots were at a 3in dot from 4 yards. It was quick to sight and slow to trigger, we both scored 49 shots. We moved on holster draw and torso shots for speed, while we scanned around and behind Brian would locate himself behind different obstacles and hold up a finger indicating the target number. He got creative by tapping you on the shoulder indicating to fire then disappear into the bushes with three finger and two fingers. As we progressed we were firing multiple shots all over the target as fast as we could pull the trigger, finishing with two zipper rounds with 3 full clips x 2. We also discussed his system of defence and mindset.

I must suggest all CHL'ers who are serious to move along this path. It really only makes since. You are not well prepared just by going to the range and pl inking. The minds reactive and cognitive issues must be trained are you will find yourself less effective. I will also say I am strongly considering taking the II and III and maybe the instructor certification class later this month. I do not think this class is enough by itself but a eye opener to what we as defenders of our family, loved ones, our country and ourselves should be doing.

I wish I was better at writing for my mind has lots to say :smile:
Last edited by Bill on Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
retired CHL Instructor

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Thanks for the report Bill.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

Sounds like you had a great time and learned a bunch. :grin:
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Return to “General”