Holster Recommendations

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
lnghorn96
Posts in topic: 1

Holster Recommendations

Post by lnghorn96 »

I recently purchased a new Glock 23, and I am looking to buy a good IWB holster. Ideally, I would like one that can be used both IWB and OWB. Any suggestions? Also, I have an older Walther PP 7.65mm, and I am looking for a holster for it as well. I appreciate any and all suggestions in advance!
6/27 Application Completed Online
6/27-6/28 Completed CHL Course
7/18 Packet Mailed to DPS
7/23 Received Confirmation of Delivery by USPS
7/27 Wait for plastic continues

CodeJockey

Re: Holster Recommendations

Post by CodeJockey »

DM Bullard Leather Dual Carry Holster

http://www.dmbullardleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Always watch your six!
NRA Life Member

jimmy

Post by jimmy »

For my Glock 23 I have a Sidearmor Kydex IWB holster (http://www.sidearmor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Very well made, fits the gun properly, is comfortable and secure to wear, requires minimal maintenance, and is available in several cants. Excellent customer service, too. However, it does not double as an OWB holster. For an OWB I finally arrived at a Sidearmor Classic Vertical Scabbard after trying two or three other holsters.

HTH.

Bashful

Post by Bashful »

Take a look at K&D Holsters. They have the Thunderbird IWB/OWB holster that looks good!
Springfield EMP Lightweight Champion
Glock(s)
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

skennedy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by skennedy »

I just got my K&D Thunderbird Defender for a S&W 3913. Look at the topic on it at:

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 2&start=15
Scott
TX A&M Class of '85

Reloader

Post by Reloader »

Check out Greg's site. http://www.kramerleather.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I have 9 of his and they last forefver and conceal well..
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor
Amateur radio Instructor, VE KE5LDO
Tarleton State University '74

davinco

Post by davinco »

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck and a Bianchi Covert Option. Both are IWB and I've used the Bianchi as OWB, just between belt and pants. Both fit gun perfectly and conceal well. The supertuck is my daily carry though. I have CT laser on my G23 and both holsters function with the laser as well.

Good luck on your search.
The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles on which it was founded.
Charles de Secondat, baron de Montesquieu, The Spirit of the Laws (1748)

Grammy

Post by Grammy »

skennedy wrote:I just got my K&D Thunderbird Defender for a S&W 3913. Look at the topic on it at:

Can you or someone explain to me what added option "anti-sweat panel" is?
Thanks, Jim
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

I carry a XD .45 service model in the Minotaur M-Tac and love it. It conceals GREAT and is super comfortable. I can even tuck my shirts in around the gun and holster and it still conceals amazingly. Did I mention its very comfortable? Look for a post by Wildscar. In his signature block there is a link to a very detailed review of the product. I ordered mine online and got it within 2 weeks.
Attachments
G19%20Minotaur%20New%20Clips.jpg

Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

XtremeDuty.45 wrote: Look for a post by Wildscar. In his signature block there is a link to a very detailed review of the product. I ordered mine online and got it within 2 weeks.
Thanks for the compliment. I swear I dont work for Comp-Tac in anyway. i wonder if they know how much buisness they got off that one review. :coolgleamA:

Is it solely a IWB holster though. There is not a way to make it OWB.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

No problem. I was teetering back and forth between a couple holsters and because of that review I decided on the M-Tac and do not regret it at all. I hear people talking about having a hundred holsters. Most of which they never use cause they dont like them or they arent comfy and others they use for certain attire. All that money wasted. I can say that I have ONE holster and use it with all my clothing and it works wonders. I am not aware of a way to make the M-Tac a OWB. The leather on the back covers the screws so they dont rub on your skin. I dont think that it would make a good OWB. Cause it would flop too much.

Its made for IWB and it excels in its duties IMO!

skennedy

Post by skennedy »

Thanks, Jim
Jim,
My guess is that is an extra layer on the outside of the holster (side against body) to keep any sweat from getting into the leather of the holster. You may want to email Kevin at K&D holster to confirm this. I did not get the option because I wanted to keep the holster as thin as possible.
Scott
Scott
TX A&M Class of '85

ELB

Post by ELB »

I use a Comp-Tac C-TAC tuckable holster and like it very much -- have used it for more than a couple years now, and wear it with everything. The M-Tac mentioned above is kind of a hybrid C-TAC -- it has a kydex shell for the gun, and a leather backing (to which the belt attachments are, er, attached) next to your body. The interesting thing about it is that you can buy an additional shell for a different gun and use the same leather backing/belt attachments. Saves a bit of $$. If I didn't already have a C-TAC I would look hard at the M-TAC.

Good luck.

oops -- the CompTac website is http://www.comp-tac.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
USAF 1982-2005

K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Grammy wrote:
skennedy wrote:I just got my K&D Thunderbird Defender for a S&W 3913. Look at the topic on it at:

Thanks, Jim
Jim:

The anti-sweat panel is an extension of leather on the backside of the holster. It generally covers up to the back of the slide/hammer area. Here's a pic of the backside of one of our Dakota Defenders. It would appear essentially the same on the backside of the Thunderbird Defender:

Grammy

Post by Grammy »

skennedy wrote:
Thanks, Jim
Jim,
My guess is that is an extra layer on the outside of the holster (side against body) to keep any sweat from getting into the leather of the holster. You may want to email Kevin at K&D holster to confirm this. I did not get the option because I wanted to keep the holster as thin as possible.
Scott
Thanks, kinda what I thought it was, just wanted to ask.
Jim
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”