Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

OK, I have done this before...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

But I am flumoxed...

I went to the gunshow today, and purchased two new "normal" capacity mags for the G23 I carry...

On the old 10 round mags, I have "pinky extentions"...They were not to get any extra ammunition in the mag, but to give me an extra moulded section to allow me to get a pinky on the base of the grip to help in the control of the pistol...

I'm kinda used to it now and am trying to get those suckers on the new magazines...

I remember doing it years ago, but am having a bit of trouble switching them out...

Is there a special tool or method to pop these off and snap the extension on them without screwing something up???

I've looked at this for a while, and almost think I need an extra hand to do this...

I've looked over in Glock Talk...And thats about as useful as boobs on a boar...

I'm going to go back and fiddle with it some more I guess...

But it never hurts to come in here to voice a concern and see if another has an idea how to git er dun...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far...

Other items purchased at teh show...

Flip up "rear" iron sight for the AR...Backs up the optic package if it fails...

Cleaning patches...Always a good thing to grab a bag of those on the way out...

Oh...

Some guy was going around there this morning with a SPAS-12 in excellent condition...He wants $900 for it...

The pain I had was incredible...Almost brought a tear to my eye to watch it go away...

Y'all be good nah, ya hear!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Never mind...Figured it out...

I knew if I screwed with it enough, they'd pop right off in a way I thought that it couldn't be done...

But if anyone knows a slicker way to do it...I'm all ears... :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

couzin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by couzin »

You obviously figured out that you need to use a 'punch' or the glock tool to push the button showing through the base plate up high enough to begin sliding off the base plate. The button is actually the spring plate that sets on top of the base plate. I use the sharp edge of the table/work bench to push the base plate off (shouldn't have to say this but - it slides off toward the front of the magazine). Just hook the little bit of base plate on the table/bench (either while holding the button in with the punch/tool or after you got it just slightly forward by manhandling it) and slide er off while pushing down. Don't slide off completely or you will have to go around the room picking up parts. The spring plate looks just like a 'cat toy' and will disappear quick.

Really like those combat tupperwares - and - they are dishwasher safe!!

DaveT
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DaveT »

I have the little Glock tool to pop in the little button, then I use a flat bladed dinner knife (don't tell my wife, LOL) to slide in between the rear of the factory end plate and the mag, gently ease forward while holding the botton in. Once it starts the forward slide, you can put the knife down and hold everything in your hand while taking the old end plate off to keep those parts from becoming missles......

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”