Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
gigag04
Posts in topic: 3

Review: Galco Silhouette for Springfield XD

Post by gigag04 »

Open:Image

Concealed:Image

Quality is very high on this all-leather OWB holster. It is open ended to accomodate any length XD frame pistol. Mine is brown with white stiching, the typical Galco color combo. I have the matching belt, and the combo wears nicely with my 3" XD. Not very heavy, and stays in place.

The holster has an FBI cant which makes it great to wear at the 4 o' clock position and further back. I prefer it midway between 3 and 6 ' clock, and shift it in that range depending on cover shirt.

Holster has a snapped strab that covers the rear of the slide, where the "cocked indicator" is on the XD. Snap easily breaks free for quick draw, but I prefer open top. However, this setup is more comfy than IWB.

The negative aspect is that if the belt isn't sinched up rediculously tight, the holster will tend to hang a bit away from the body. I think this because it is a "high-ride" holster, and the center of mass of the gun is higher than the belt, slightly, thus causing a bit of a tip. This in addition to the fact that I could lose a few pounds cause the holster to print when wearing just a t-shirt.

-nick
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

updated w pics.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

madecov
Posts in topic: 1

Post by madecov »

I just got the FLETCH for my Steyr M.
I wear cheapo Wal-Mart jeans that have 5 belt loops.
Better jeans have 6 loops and that makes a big difference with OWB carry.

Otherwise it would very well.
$10.00 Transfers in the Houston area

There are no problems in life to large to be solved by the use of Small arms and high explosives.

dws1117
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dws1117 »

Nick,

It appears that the belt is 1 1/4". You said that it is a Galco belt, but what is the thickness like? It appears to be just normal thickness, although that could just be the pictures.

Try the same holster with a 1 1/2" wide thick belt made to carry a gun. Galco and many others make good belts.

A good holster should have a good belt otherwise it's worthless.

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

dws1117 wrote:Nick,

It appears that the belt is 1 1/4". You said that it is a Galco belt, but what is the thickness like? It appears to be just normal thickness, although that could just be the pictures.

Try the same holster with a 1 1/2" wide thick belt made to carry a gun. Galco and many others make good belts.

A good holster should have a good belt otherwise it's worthless.
It is a narrower belt - so it will fit my dressier half of the wardrobe as well. Suit pants don't take too kindly to an almost service-width belt busting through the fragile little loops. And it is a Galco belt. I think they made it a little thicker layer-wise since its narrower "height" wise (thats kinda confusing...hopefully you follow).

I'd like to get a "taller" gun belt as well, but funds were low...still are...yay college life - so I opted for the belt to fit 100% of my pants.

-nick

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”