Holster Review Resource

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

gguess66
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Holster Review Resource

Post by gguess66 »

I just got an M&P Shield in a 40 and along with it bought a Crossbreed holster at DFW Shooting Sports (or whatever it is called off of Bedford Rd) anyway, I bought the OWC it was recommended by one of the guys there. I hate it, it shifts IWB, I am going to purchase the super tuck in a couple of weeks. It is too bad all sales are final there and I wasted $90 on it.

BigBangSmallBucks

Post by BigBangSmallBucks »

gguess66 wrote:I just got an M&P Shield in a 40 and along with it bought a Crossbreed holster at DFW Shooting Sports (or whatever it is called off of Bedford Rd) anyway, I bought the OWC it was recommended by one of the guys there. I hate it, it shifts IWB, I am going to purchase the super tuck in a couple of weeks. It is too bad all sales are final there and I wasted $90 on it.
Do you clip it to your jeans or your belt buckle?

gguess66

Post by gguess66 »

BigBangSmallBucks wrote:
gguess66 wrote:I just got an M&P Shield in a 40 and along with it bought a Crossbreed holster at DFW Shooting Sports (or whatever it is called off of Bedford Rd) anyway, I bought the OWC it was recommended by one of the guys there. I hate it, it shifts IWB, I am going to purchase the super tuck in a couple of weeks. It is too bad all sales are final there and I wasted $90 on it.
Do you clip it to your jeans or your belt buckle?
My jeans and my belt.

BigBangSmallBucks

Post by BigBangSmallBucks »

Just got a d.m. Bullard dual carry for my glock 27 and I love, it's the most comfortable well made holster I've ever had. It's so comfortable I can almost sleep in it. I also just got a ace case tuck-able I paid $10.30 for my Springfield XD 9 SC and it's also a great holster, not as good as the dm Bullard but it only cost 10% of the price.

OrangeAnimal
Posts in topic: 7

Post by OrangeAnimal »

Glad you enjoy the Holster BigBangSmallBucks.

Time for my review for the Infidel holster I got from a member here. I am using it with my P238. The construction of the holster is very nice. It's super easy to put on and take off which is why I was interested in it. The only negative to it I can see is that sometimes it will pinch my skin, also would be better if you could adjust the ride height/cant. Otherwise it's super quick on the draw and reholstering is easy provided you keep your skin from between the firearm and the holster. I am thinking about trying one for the XDS-9 or the little foxx holster from Foxx Holsters.

Overall I would give the Infidel a thumbs up if your looking for something in all kydex.

GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GlockDude26 »

race4beer wrote:I haven't seen many like this - seems like a pretty good idea to me.

From Osborn Holsters..

[ Image ]
can anyone help me out? I have tried finding this combo holster on the website but i can't find it anywhere!!!!
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

Lionman13

Post by Lionman13 »

I only received my CHL today, but have been wearing my Desantis Sof-tuk around the house. It is a $20 holster, and I do not expect it to be awesome. It has good retention, stays in place well. I am a thin guy, and have a hard time concealing when shirt is tucked in. With my shirt untucked it is fine, but I will have to try another brand, or buy bigger britches. I normally wear them snug. I like a lot of the reviews, but am thinking the Little Foxx, or a all leather may be better for me. The biggest problem with the Desantis is that the single clip is on the thickest part if the gun, and this makes it look like I have a large tumor in my pants.
Attachments
image.jpg

TEA

Post by TEA »

I didn't realize there was a sticky for holster reviews before I posted mine on the Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Fusion.
TEA wrote:Currently, I do not have my CHL, in part because I teach at a community college and the bill to allow for concealed carry on higher ed campuses failed during the most recent session. I do carry when I'm at home, though, and have recently applied for my CHL. While I won't be able to carry at work, if and when this bill does does pass, I want to be able to carry to work. Since our dress code is business casual, I usually wear a shirt with a collar tucked into a pair of slacks so I need a tuckable IWB holster. The Garrett Industries' Silent Thunder Fusion seemed like it would meet my needs and I've read great reviews of Garrett Industries' products and service on the 1911 Forum. So, on September 25, 2013, I ordered a Silent Thunder Fusion.

Their Web site (http://www.giholsters.com/) implies a wait time of 3-4 weeks, so I was expecting to have to wait that long. I was pleasantly surprised to receive my holster in the mail last Friday (Oct. 4).

I've been wearing it around the house since then, so I think I can make some comments now about how much I like this holster. First off, the quality of this holster seems outstanding. For those unfamiliar with the design, it is a hybrid holster comprised of a leather lined Kydex shell mounted on a backing of closed cell foam sandwiched between leather and suede. The leather is a thin layer of Herman Oak that is more gentle on a blued gun's finish than bare Kydex and won't promote rust like suede, which is cured with chromium salts.

The second thing I like about this holster is that it is extremely comfortable to wear. I can't say that I don't notice that I'm wearing it, as I don't think any holster can eliminate the weight of a full sized 1911. It does make it comfortable to wear, though. The sweat shield keeps the thumb safety from digging into my side and the suede backing is very comfy.

The third positive is that it easily conceals my full sized 1911. FWIW, I'm 5'8" and 165lbs. Also, the widely spaced clips not only help spread out the weight of the pistol, but also prevent the holster from shifting on my belt (this is something I've found bothersome with single clip holsters). The clips are a little hard to fit over my DM Bullard belt, but I'm getting used to it and I don't think this is a big concern.

The biggest downside of the clips, though, is that the standard clips are a bit flimsy and I've already broken one. Fortunately, I already had a Comp-Tac clip that I had purchased from Brownells for another holster and it works even better than the GI standard clip. Next time I order from Brownells, I'm going to order a couple of more of these clips as back ups.

Since this thread would be worthless without pics:
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

I went with coyote brown Kydex because I thought it would blend better with my belt. As you can see, with a shirt tucked in, it hides the pistol very well. However, I think anyone who knows what to look for would quickly notice the clips over the belt and the bulge in the belt itself where it rides over the holster. I don't think any tuck-able holster would be able to overcome these last points, though. Overall, this holster rocks. :woohoo

The ST Fusion is an improved version of their What The Tuck, which was a leather lined version of the Crossbreed ST.
[ Image ]
GI What the Tuck^^^

The differences between the What the Tuck and the Fusion, as far as I can tell having never handled the WTT and only having read descriptions of it, is that the clips are a bit closer together on the Fusion and they replace the single piece leather backing of the WTT with a composite of suede, closed cell foam and a thin layer of Hermann Oak leather. The composite backing of the the Fusion does not seem to be any thicker than a thick piece of leather.

Edited to add: Oh, by the way, I almost forgot to mention - Garrett Industries is a family run Texas business. Buy local! :txflag: http://www.giholsters.com/

If you have any experience with Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Fusion, please feel free to share.
TEA wrote:Update:

I went ahead and ordered a pair of clips from Comp-Tac to replace the standard clips. They not only seem quite a bit sturdier than the standard clips, but they are also easier to clip on and off my belt when I have to take off my holster when I go to work (community college, so no ccw) and put it back on again after work. They also match the color of my belt a bit better. Garrett Industries has started to carry a similar clip, their HD clip, but it is only available in black.

[ Image ]

OnceFired

Alien Gear Cloak Tuck (original) holster

Post by OnceFired »

I'll chime in on the Alien Gear holster.

I've had two OWB holsters, but neither offered me enough concealment. I always felt like those holsters were always peeking out from under the longer shirts I had to wear to even think about it being "concealed." I'm 6'5" and 230 lbs with about a 38" waist. So I set about finding something that would work better for me.

I know the owner of Big Boy Arms - he's my coworker. He recommended a few different holsters, but he remembered Alien Gear had a great deal going and mentioned them just before I was ready to buy an IWB.

I ordered their Cloak Tuck. Understand there is now a 2.0 version, and I got the original one. OrangeAnimal posted photos of it above, so I won't worry about that. I bought mine online on June 24th, and they advised there was a wait of 4-6 weeks due to demand. They did this on the website before I ordered, so they did a good job of letting me know about that up front.

I carry my Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm full size. I am RH and I chose black leather with the simplest clips. I waited about 4 weeks, then reached out to them to see how long it was going to take, since I wanted to take a trip and bring this with me. Their backlog must really be deep, because they were waiting for black leather to make mine. They offered to upgrade me to the 2.0 version free, but I didn't want that one - I wanted to get the original. I asked if I could downgrade to tan leather, and get multiple clips instead. They said no worries - we should be getting in black leather (tomorrow) and it shouldn't be delayed much longer.

I touched base again about a week later, since my order still said "On Hold." They said thank you for waiting, it will go out tomorrow for sure. They even offered me an extra 10% off this purchase & the next one. Or they could include an extra pistol mold for a different gun if I wanted some versatility. I told them I was fine just with a spare set of clips, which they happily included. Overall - pretty good communication, and excellent customer service even with the delay since they still hit 6 weeks as planned.

Once it shipped, it got to my house in 1.5 days! That's via USPS padded envelope priority mail, with a tracking number provided online.

It came with a bunch of extra screws for fitting & offsetting, but I found the standard fit to be just fine. I'll play with that a bit in the future, but for now I'm really focused on breaking it in. Their warranty is rock solid too - they'll even swap out the kydex mold for a new pistol for FREE if you change what you carry!

It's much more comfortable than the OWB I was using previously. And my wife & kids had no idea I was carrying, despite being up close & in the car a bunch this weekend. The grip inside the kydex is strong & feels very secure on the pistol, but comes out quite smoothly when I request its presence.

All that said, I'm a newbie to IWB. There may be far superior holsters. But the price ($34.88 + $8.95 S&H), fit and customer care made it a great experience, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Video games are an escape from reality. Gun ownership is for when you can't.
CHL - 07/03/12 submitted, 09/07/12 received
Texas Security Guard Jobs

Medley86

Post by Medley86 »

I have been carrying a Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster since mid September 2014, it's very comfortable, feels pretty much the same as a wallet in your pocket. In 6 months it is showing very little wear, a friend has had the same set up only for a LCP w/lasermax for over a year and his also shows almost no wear.
Attachments
20141110_190136 (2).jpg
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

Texan4Life

Post by Texan4Life »

Does anyone here carry a vedder rapid tuck holster?

pebblebeachkid

Post by pebblebeachkid »

Anyone looking for the most comfortable iwb holster needs to try out the n82 holster. You won't be sorry :smash:

PaJ

Post by PaJ »

Alien Gear CloakTuck 2.0

I have been carrying my Sig P938 in a Cloak Tuck original (with the tan leather back) for some time now. I've lost some weight, so wanted to try carrying a double stack gun instead for the extra ammo capacity. Because of my success with the CloakTuck, I went back to Alien Gear, but this time got the 2.0 version to carry my HK P30.

I am amazed. I'm carrying a larger gun, and on the first day it is every bit as comfortable as my original version after a break in period. I am wearing it with an undershirt and a button up dress shirt, and have no problem tucking my shirt around the gun. From the moment I put it on this morning, it conformed to my body and was very comfortable.

Alien Gear seems to have changed their clips. My previous ones were metal. These are a nylon or plastic material (and what they recommend). They seem to grip my belt better than the metal ones do, and I was quite satisfied with the metal ones.

I think I will like the 2.0 better than the original when I'm not wearing an undershirt. It seems that the neoprene will be more comfortable than the leather backing against my skin.

Overall, the order took about 3 or 4 weeks to arrive. Everything was packaged well.

For IWB, I have really liked my AG. For the price, it's a great value. I'm not to crazy about how the OWBs look, so will probably not own one of those.

Before going with AG, I considered other brands that looked similar but were quite a bit more expensive. I can't speak to the quality, comfort, etc of the other brands, but I've been completely satisfied with Alien Gear.

lowdogtx

Post by lowdogtx »

http://rossgun.com/
Ok I got my holsters from South Africa . I got the Model 14 it is an inside the waistband holster with a synthetic belt clip. and Model 42AS is a Double Sided HORIZONTAL Shoulder Rig with Double Magazine . They are very well made good leather heavy stitching fit perfect. I got both holsters for $100.67 that includes shipping.The shoulder holster has something i never got with the others a adjustable strap around the back that prevents the rig from moving forward when bending over forward.Well worth the wait! :tiphat:

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”