Holster Review Resource

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Tacomaman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Holster Review Resource

Post by Tacomaman »

My current holster for my carry gun comes from WBC Wild Bill's Concealment Holsters. It is the Covert Carry Tuckable leather holster. It has a sturdy talon style belt clip. They custom mold to the specific gun, in my case a CZ 75 PCR Compact 9mm. I bought an 1 ½" double thick gun belt to go with the holster.

The covert carry tuckable is designed for IWB carry from the 1:00 or 4:00 o'clock(just the opposite if you are a lefty). I am tall and lean and wear mine behind my right hip at 4:00 o'clock. The belt clip locks the holster to the gun belt. I find it to be easy on and off and very comfortable.

Czech out the link below. Heads up to the guy's at the CZ Custom Shop for there recommendation.

http://www.wildbillsconcealment.com/covert_carry.htm

Rutty

Post by Rutty »

First impressions of STEALTH UNIVERSAL HOLSTERS.

I will try to make this short and sweet. I ran across this company a week or so ago and reached out to them about a solution that I could have 1 holster for 4 guns and would also be good for OC and CC. After I emailed them I got an email within an hour or so answering all my questions, and suggesting I go with the "regular" holster size. So I did. They emailed me shortly after ordering and said thank you.

3 days later the holster came in the mail. Padded manilla envelope with another "thank you for your business" hand written on the back. Pulled out the case and it was very nice. Great verse on the box and holster looks very good.

I took out the holster and assembled the "crew" and started trying them out. To my amazement everything from my S&W 642 to my 5" XD tactical pistol all fit snugly and well guarded. I have tried it IWB and OWB and the clips are super stiff. Very good retention.

While to this point I really like the holster and can see this as my EDC holster for multiple platforms I only have 1 negative about it. Drawing the smaller guns is a bit awkward as the safety guard sticks up a bit. I think with some practice however I will be able to overcome this.

I have a drawer of holsters that have been worn once or twice and a few more that I have used quite a bit but the versatility of this holster is 2nd to none.

It is new to me so I will update down the road after the breakin period. I'll also get some pics up here tomorrow when I have some light. Edit: I decided not to post pictures as they have to have a URL and I am not quite comfortable with my pics floating around on the web url hosts.
Quit calling sophistry, rhetoric. They ain't the same thing Cleatus.

drjoker
Banned

Kangaroo Carry Holster. Re: Holster Review Resource

Post by drjoker »

The Kangaroo Carry Holster costs; $50 + S&H + Sales Tax + optional extenders = $70. Since it is an expensive holster, I will be extra picky about quality. I actually hand stitched my own version a year ago and my homemade version wore out. My S&W J frame fell out of my homemade holster, luckily, at home. So, I went and bought a professionally, American made genuine Kangaroo Carry Holster.

The shoulder straps are 1000 times stronger than my flimsy homemade one. I ordered the "Standard 3" but they accidentally sent me the "Air Marchal 3", but I'm keeping it because upon further inspection, the Air Marshall 3 is actually better. It has a wider band, allowing carry of bigger guns and it has more storage pockets. It is very sturdy and comfortable. Plus, it allows you to draw one handed and fire while you are driving with the other hand. The seat belt doesn't get in the way like strong side belt holster would get in the way.

The only negative that I can find is that you cannot partake of an all you can eat buffet while wearing one as it will compress your stomach and make you eat less. I guess even the negative is a positive if you're trying to lose weight. The holster compresses the lower end of your stomach to make you eat less much like a lap band.

The holster is better than the 5.11 T-shirt holster because you'd either have to buy lots of expensive T-shirt holsters or launder and dry the same T-shirt everyday. With the Kangaroo Carry, you just wear a different T-shirt every day under your holster to keep the holster clean so you don't have to wash the holster every day.

As long as you don't eat at all you can eat buffets often and keep the top 2 buttons of your shirt unbuttoned, the Kangaroo Carry Holster is perfect for deep concealment without having to carry a smaller gun. It will disappear a Glock 26 or S&W J-Frame. The but of the gun will print a little for a Glock 19 sized gun. I've altered a few of my shirts to have a false button with velcro behind it so I can easily draw one handed even with my shirt buttoned all the way up to the collar.

KC80
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KC80 »

For a long time I have used Galco's Summer comfort IWB holster with my M&P 9c with great success. Fit is perfect, good leather, great finish. So when I got my Glock 43 it only made sense to go with the same holster. Well, not so much. Mine will be returned for a refund and on to something else. I ordered it from Midway USA and it showed to be for Glock43/XDs 3.3 and that kinda worried me. Sure enough, the holster is actually for the XDs 3.3 but the G43 will fit. The square trigger guard keeps the gun from fully seating and there is about a 1/4" of leather hanging over the end unlike my M&P which is flush almost. I guess instead of making a G43 specific holster they figured the XDs was close enough. Well it's not close enough for me, and I think its a very poor excuse for quality from a company like Galco especially since we are talking $60 for it. So if your looking for a leather IWB for your G43 look elsewhere of the Galco summer comfort. I have now ordered a all Kydex IWB from a company called B3 concealment out of Carrollton Tx. His stuff looks really good on his FB page. Prices are a tad high but turnaround is less than a week usually and lifetime guarantee. I will also be ordering a OWB from him for my 1911 Commander in the future. Thanks and be safe out there!
:seeya:

KC80

Post by KC80 »

I recieved by B3 Concealment IWB kydex holster today for my G43 and I am loving it. Smooth edges, rubber grommets, great clip, adjustable for cant. I almost don't know it's there it's so slim. The grey looks lighter in the pic due to flash but it's quite a bit darker. Super fast shipping, and really great work. Check them out for your next kydex job. Image
:seeya:

remanifest

Post by remanifest »

I just received a Stealthgear Onyx IWB holster for my XD Mod 2. This holster is the best I've had (granted, I've only had the AlienGear Cloak Tuck 3.0 and a NeoCarry). This holster is far more comfortable than the Alien Gear, has better retention, is very slim, and best of all, the angled sights on my XD don't poke me when it's holstered.

It's extremely comfortable, far more concealable, conforms well to my body, and seems to breathe very well. It's made to fit the XD perfectly - no bigger than it needs to be to get the job done.

Couldn't be happier - it was a steal at $65 shipped. I don't think I'll be buying another brand of IWB holster as long as these are made.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

https://wethepeopleholsters.com/collect ... 8893025297

Does anyone have one of these holsters made by We The People Holsters? I ordered one Monday. I'm willing to help support our Trump bretheren where i can. :txflag:

EST1984

Post by EST1984 »

For the last 2 months my go to holster has been a Cross-bread IWB. I love this holster I didn't get any of the upgrades and I didn't cut it down on my own in order to create a tactical cut. I love this holster. I have practiced drawing and then re holstering my XD mod2 sub compact. This thing is so comfortable that the first day i wore it I found myself checking that it was still positioned properly . Drawing was very natural and re holstering was natural as well. This is now my favorite IWB holster.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

EST1984 wrote:For the last 2 months my go to holster has been a Cross-bread IWB. I love this holster I didn't get any of the upgrades and I didn't cut it down on my own in order to create a tactical cut. I love this holster. I have practiced drawing and then re holstering my XD mod2 sub compact. This thing is so comfortable that the first day i wore it I found myself checking that it was still positioned properly . Drawing was very natural and re holstering was natural as well. This is now my favorite IWB holster.

Many people use and like their crossbreed holsters very much. I've never owned one. I bought the holster from "We The People" for quick trips to the corner store and things like that. Actually, i have five holsters now for the same gun. My favorite OWB is the RD Warren leather and favorite IWB is ALien Gear 3.0. I use all of them at one time or another.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

EST1984 wrote:For the last 2 months my go to holster has been a Cross-bread IWB. I love this holster I didn't get any of the upgrades and I didn't cut it down on my own in order to create a tactical cut. I love this holster. I have practiced drawing and then re holstering my XD mod2 sub compact. This thing is so comfortable that the first day i wore it I found myself checking that it was still positioned properly . Drawing was very natural and re holstering was natural as well. This is now my favorite IWB holster.
I wear a Cross Breed IWB every day. The secret is the big thick leather pad that sits between ALL of the gun and your body. I've showed mine to a few people and they are not impressed. None of my friends get why I like it so much. It ain't pretty. It ain't snazzy. But it's the most comfortable IWB holster I've ever had on.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Lynyrd wrote:
I wear a Cross Breed IWB every day. The secret is the big thick leather pad that sits between ALL of the gun and your body. I've showed mine to a few people and they are not impressed. None of my friends get why I like it so much. It ain't pretty. It ain't snazzy. But it's the most comfortable IWB holster I've ever had on.
l

:iagree:

Deltaboy

Re: Monica Kuehn Leather

Post by Deltaboy »

dessl wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:10 pm
riggergreg wrote:I'm no writer but I have to tell ya'll about my new belt, Holster, and mag pouch made by Monica Kuehn. She is a fairly new holster maker in the DFW area.
I met her through the Texas Gun Talk Forum. After seeing and hearing about her work, I ordered a complete rig and she had it to me in less than 4 weeks. She warned that it might take a bit to get it broke in and feeling comfortable, but I was amazed at how well it fit and felt the first time I put it on.
The belt is nice and stiff and supports my fairly heavy, stainless steel compact 1911 very nicely. The holster, that she calls a "Bodhi", is an IWB that is nice and slim and wide enough to spread the weight, is very nicely shaped, the stitching looks nice and strong, snaps and straps are strong and I'm sure they'll last a long time, and the fit was perfect for the pistol I use. Mag pouch is simple snap on and holds the magazine very securely.
I also own a Crossbreed supertuck and it is a nice holster, but I'll wear my Bodhi everyday over CB.
She has a few more models and colors and is building her pistol list up, so take a look at her work and send her an email. I'm sure she'll do what she can to get you set up. You may be surprised at her prices, too.

http://monicakuehnleather.blogspot.com/

Here's mine

Monica makes some awesome holsters. Im placing a order with her when I get some extra cash.

Sad I looked her up and she closed her shop! :txflag:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Nice lady. However, this isn’t the first time she has closed her shop. A shame because she does quality work. I was set to order a rig for my 1911 a few years back and then “poof” she was gone.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I'll put in a recommendation for Falco Holsters https://www.falcoholsters.com/

I have 2 and they are great quality, fair priced, and quick delivery. My favorite is the Merlin https://www.falcoholsters.com/timeless- ... snaps-a605 But contrary to their marketing it does not work well as OWB. IWB it is great as it conforms to any position and body shape.
Are they Milt Sparks level? No, but close and they have a 6-week delivery at about 1/2 price and a very wide selection!
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

we got two from
https://www.craftholsters.com/springfie ... 5-holsters

very well made, one was for a ronin 4.5 1911 and the other for a Springfield XD 9mm and 45
they fit great out of the box and after a day of the pistols in a bag to stretch them, they are perfect

i will say a good bit of their work is from lativa

they a few other brands and the custom shop is in Oregon
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”