which one IWB or OWB ??

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
robert0550
Posts in topic: 2

which one IWB or OWB ??

Post by robert0550 »

I have a Sig 226 with Rail and am looking at a new Conceal Carry Holster. the problem is I can not make up my mind if I want an IWB or a OWB. I know if I have a OWB I will have to have a vest or jacket but with cooler weather coming I dont think that would be a problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

thanks in advance.
R :grin:

40FIVER
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 40FIVER »

For the first holster I would suggest IWB. You have more options with it. A simple T shirt will conceal a IWB. But you do need to go up at least one size in pants for it to be comfortable. IMHO, look no further than HERE for the MaxCon V.

That being said, I do have an OWB holster on order to use this winter.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

The IWB / OWB debate is 100% preferance just like the Leather / Kydex. There are a few of us that have both. I use IWB all summer & OWB in the cooler weather with a good vest. If you can try some holsters & see which you like the best.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I really prefer IWB. Like Longtooth said, it is clearly a personal preference.
I'm also a woman, so I do things very differently than most of the people here. I find that I have trouble hiding my skinny little Bersa, so I would never attempt OWB. But that's just me.
Work with different holsters. Even borrow from friends to see what works.
I recently purchased an IWB (shirt tucker) from Comp-Tac. Although I haven't returned anything to them, I have heard from several members here that they have a rather liberal return policy. Their holsters are kydex, if your into that kind of thing. (I personally like the kydex, but again, I'm different than some.)
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

MrDrummy

Post by MrDrummy »

I've been waiting on my MaxConV since the beginning of July. If you want to go that route, I'd suggest calling them and asking about wait times. The Brommeland's have been nothing but kind to me, and I'm sure that they make some of the finest leather out there, but 10 weeks past due is starting to wear on me!

:waiting:

GlockenHammer

Post by GlockenHammer »

IWB has great concealment advantages over OWB. With IWB, you can even get holsters that let you tuck your shirt in so you can look more civilized. The open shirt or vest does conceal the OWB, but I think it really limits your clothing options and, IMHO, makes you look like a gun toter.

Venus recommends the shirt tucker. I recommend the CTAC from Comp-Tac. Of course your mileage will vary.

Most here have a drawer or box full of holsters they've tried. I'm probably one of the few that still wears daily the second holster I ever bought. (The first was a Fobus OWB because it was cheap and I didn't know any better).

Oh, and get a good belt, too!

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

I carry OWB even in the summer. I find it more comfortable. You don't have to wear a vest. I have a couple of nice blazers that work well with jeans. There are clothing/holster options. Find what works for you. I have several holster choices so I can change things up if I need to. My first choice is my leather owb.
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Topic author
robert0550

Post by robert0550 »

WOW :grin: Thanks for all the replys, I have been looking at the Milt Sparks versa max 2 for an IWB but I have also talked to a few people that said that they had wear marks on their gun. after just a few weeks of carring. ( I am sure some wear is to be expected ) Anyway I am pretty sure I am going with the VM2 and one of their belts. But I would also like a nice OWB I looked at the ctac and didnt see anything for a sig 226 with rail. So I am on to looking for something else. if anyone else has an opinion with a product good bad or indifferent.

thanks again for the input.

Robert

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

robert0550 wrote:WOW :grin: Thanks for all the replys, I have been looking at the Milt Sparks versa max 2 for an IWB but I have also talked to a few people that said that they had wear marks on their gun. after just a few weeks of carring. ( I am sure some wear is to be expected ) Anyway I am pretty sure I am going with the VM2 and one of their belts. But I would also like a nice OWB I looked at the ctac and didnt see anything for a sig 226 with rail. So I am on to looking for something else. if anyone else has an opinion with a product good bad or indifferent.

Robert
Check out http://www.shado.com they have good holsters at a good price. they also have hard to find stuff.
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Skipper5

Post by Skipper5 »

robert0550 wrote:WOW :grin: Thanks for all the replys, I have been looking at the Milt Sparks versa max 2 for an IWB but I have also talked to a few people that said that they had wear marks on their gun. after just a few weeks of carring. ( I am sure some wear is to be expected ) Anyway I am pretty sure I am going with the VM2 and one of their belts. But I would also like a nice OWB I looked at the ctac and didnt see anything for a sig 226 with rail. So I am on to looking for something else. if anyone else has an opinion with a product good bad or indifferent.

Robert
Robert...for the OWB....take a look at Galco ....I wear the Fletch for my Sig 239 and getting a FL250 OWB for my 229R Sig....
Also have 5.11 and Coronado vests I like...Fobus OWB also for 229 works with my 1 3/4 Galco belt. Really comfortable on the Fletch ...rides high strong @ 3:30-4:30. Good luck!
//John
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”