New OWB holster. Man, what a difference!

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 3

New OWB holster. Man, what a difference!

Post by dws1117 »

I can't believe the comfort difference from an IWB. Of course I've only used 2 different IWB holsters so there isn't a whole lot to compare. Combined with the good belt the weight of a full sized all steel 1911 just isn't an issue. It doesn't feel like it is even there. A couple of times I actually had to remind myself that I was carrying a gun.

I bought a a Tucker HF-1. What a nice piece of work. It looks like it should last a long time. There are only two things that I would like to see improved is the addition of a sight channel, It seems that most holster makers are doing some sort of sight channel, and it could be a bit tighter. I won't be having the same problem Charles had of not being able to remove my gun. Despite those two small issues the HF-1 is a very good, quality holster. The price is reasonable. They range from $80 for the plain one, like I got, to almost $200 for full stampings and Texas concho. And, the maker is in Houston and they are readily available from many local gun stores. Shooter's Station in Conroe keeps a nice selction in stock.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New OWB holster. Man, what a difference!

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

dws1117 wrote:I won't be having the same problem Charles had of not being able to remove my gun.
Can you please follow me around until my new holster gets broken in? You can repel boarders for me, while I'm getting my pistol into action. :lol:

Thanks for the report.
Chas.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Pics

Post by anygunanywhere »

Pics pleaase, and what kind of pistol are ya totin'?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Ok you talked me into it. I've been meaning to get the camera and guns out again but haven't taken the time. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Probable late as I finally have a chance to sleep in. :D

Topic author
dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

As promised here's the pics.

Sorry about the quality of the pics. I am not a photographer, just a schmuck with a digital cam. :lol:

This is the new one. HF-1 from Tucker Gun Leather. The belt is from Rafter S.

This is my IWB for my Kimber. It is called the Cocer Up also from Tucker.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Nicely Done

Post by anygunanywhere »

Very nice. I have held off an any more holster purchases. I might just change my mind. :lol:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”