Kydex IWB Wearing out Pants

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
TheCytochromeC
Posts in topic: 1

Kydex IWB Wearing out Pants

Post by TheCytochromeC »

My Minotaur just wore a hole in one of my pairs of jeans. It started to make the imprint you see when people always have their cell phone or wallet in their pocket and it finally poked through. I'm going to put an iron-on pad inside the pants to prevent this from recurring. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Dave2

Re: Kydex IWB Wearing out Pants

Post by Dave2 »

TheCytochromeC wrote:My Minotaur just wore a hole in one of my pairs of jeans. It started to make the imprint you see when people always have their cell phone or wallet in their pocket and it finally poked through. I'm going to put an iron-on pad inside the pants to prevent this from recurring. Has anyone had a similar issue?
Maybe... The first pistol I bought has a threaded barrel, which sticks a smidgen past the end of the holster. A hole appeared at the upper right corner of the right back pocket, and I was ready to blame the knurling on its thread protector because I could pretty easily feel the barrel through it. Then holes started appearing at the other three upper corners of the back pockets, so it turns out I just had low-quality jeans (which is a shame because they were really comfy). By the time I got tired of dealing with it, there were so many patches in the general seat area that they looked like they'd been made from denim scraps.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

MotherBear
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MotherBear »

Hmm... I may have to go ahead and preemptively patch my jeans on the inside so they don't wear out too quickly or have suspicious wear marks. I was actually just wondering if I should be concerned about that. Thanks for the tip!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Wear looser jeans. :cool:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Wear looser jeans. :cool:
Some folks say that I'm "egotistical"
Well I don't even know what that means.
I guess it has something to do with the
Way that I fill out my skintight blue jeans.
- Mac Davis
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

MotherBear
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MotherBear »

Actually, had an amusing experience with a saleslady on that one. My first time shopping for clothes after getting my CHL, I was trying things on and found a pair of jeans I liked. She saw them and told me to wait just a minute, she thought she had something I'd like even better. She brought me a pair of straight-leg jeans in the size I was trying (I wear boot cut). When I tried them on, she seemed disappointed and said they didn't work quite like she had thought they would, but either pair looked good. My guess is that she was trying to get rid of that slightly saggy look that comes from wearing a waist size too big to accommodate an IWB holster and she couldn't figure out why "my" size just didn't fit me quite right. Whoops!

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

That's the only thing I can think of. I've used nothing but Comp-Tac IWB kydex holsters for a number of years and never had this problem before.

HoosierTexan

Post by HoosierTexan »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote:
That's the only thing I can think of. I've used nothing but Comp-Tac IWB kydex holsters for a number of years and never had this problem before.
Or better quality jeans. After buying a few "designer jeans" that wore out quickly, I went back to good ol levis. Levi has "trendy" washes now anyways.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”