New leather IWB holster question.

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 3

New leather IWB holster question.

Post by bmwrdr »

I had a pocket/ IWB holster from DeSantis for a few month to find out it gets loose over a period of 3-4 month :-( Can anybody share information or experience with a pocket/ IWB holster carrying a sub compact?

Thank you in advance for your input.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New leather IWB holster question.

Post by The Annoyed Man »

There's no such thing as a "pocket/IWB holster" as far as I know. There are IWB (Inside the Waistband) holsters, and pocket holsters, but not pocket/IWB holsters. I suppose I could be wrong about that, but I've never seen one. An IWB holster is a belt holster.

That said, I have a couple of Desantis pocket holsters, and they both still work fine. Have had 'em for several years.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SATX-Scrub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SATX-Scrub »

If you're talking about the pocket tuck, then I just recommend taking off the plastic and using it for your pocket. If you want to go for compact IWB, they are much better holsters to choose from, depending on you weapon and where you want to carry it (ie appendix, 5 o'clock, el al).

If this isn't what you're talking about, then nevermind (said in a Gilda Radner voice).

“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

Topic author
bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

That is exactly what I did, the Desantis is good for the pocket carry but not for IWB carry. I ordered an IWB from Bullard and that works. Thanks.

Topic author
bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

The D.M. Bullard Leather/ Dual Carry IWB holster surprised me. After I took it out of the box my first thought was it is going to be too bulky and too stiff. I found out I was wrong after using it for just a day. It is a perfect fit and the quality seems to be better than other leather holsters I have. I'll add some pictures as soon as I get to it.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”