Kahr PM9..anyone Ankle Carry???

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mikebass78
Posts in topic: 2

Kahr PM9..anyone Ankle Carry???

Post by mikebass78 »

I carry in a Bare asset high noon IWB, was pondering switching to an ankle carry, does anyone carry this one on the ankle? If so what holster do you use,or recommend, if no one carries this particular one, how about some ideas on good holster/manufacturer for the ankle. Just poked around on ebay, trying to get some ideas, but everything looked cheap and cheesy....Anyways, any ideas??

Thanks

Mike

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kahr PM9..anyone Ankle Carry???

Post by jmra »

I'll have to ask my brother what holster he is using, but I know he carries a CW9 on his ankle which is larger than the PM9. It appears to be comfortable for him.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

this one is probably the best(no experience with it) but just ask all the LEO's in this forum. :tiphat:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'got to Texas ASAIC.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

aaangel wrote:this one is probably the best(no experience with it) but just ask all the LEO's in this forum. :tiphat:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I noticed this picture showed the gun on the inside of the calf. Is this the normal way to wear an ankle holster?
NRA Endowment Member

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

[/quote]
I noticed this picture showed the gun on the inside of the calf. Is this the normal way to wear an ankle holster?[/quote]

Yes Sir, I believe it is SOP.
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

Dreamliner

Post by Dreamliner »

Galco Ankle Glove is probally one of the best. Ankle carry just like anything else takes a while to get use to it as well as the pairing with your choice on clothes. I find the best way is to have pants that are looser at the bottom and with a mid-top boot to keep the holster from rubbing on the ankle bone. Yes the holster rides on the inside of the ankle opposite your strong side. The smaller the lighter the pistol the better and wouldn't go anything larger than a G2627 but even that is heavy and bulky too.

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

I have always considered ankle carry a bug location not a primary carry location just based on access. But, as they say "any" is better than "none".
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

Topbuilder wrote:I have always considered ankle carry a bug location not a primary carry location just based on access. But, as they say "any" is better than "none".

I would also add, it is ALOT farther down to my ankle than it used to be... :oops:
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

I used the Galco ankle glove. It's good to go but works best with boots. It dug in a bit too much for me on socks under slacks.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

bjthompson

Post by bjthompson »

Pm9 in a Galco Ankle Lite. Works perfect. I like it when I have if to wear dress cloths because it conceals better. I also occasionally carry my XD40sub on my Ankle with the aforementioned Galco Ankle Glove and it works well but a little bulkier. Interesting comment on the boots. I find it harder with boots. They have a Velcro extension for boots but is too bulky for me unless I wear boot cut jeans. I have some side zipper boots that I can put the bug inside without zipping up all the way but still not perfect.
Ready! Fire! Aim!

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

bjthompson,

I believe they are referring to lace up boots that pull tight against the leg, like military combat boots. It took me a minute to figure out how an ankle glove would work with cowboy boots, but I have since concluded it would be a good thing with combat boots. I have both, but prefer the cowboy boots.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Jaguar wrote:bjthompson,

I believe they are referring to lace up boots that pull tight against the leg, like military combat boots. It took me a minute to figure out how an ankle glove would work with cowboy boots, but I have since concluded it would be a good thing with combat boots. I have both, but prefer the cowboy boots.
Yeah cowboy boots would be tricky. I think I would loosen the holster and use the separately sold garter if I was going that route.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I've ankle carried an M&P340 J-frame in a Galco ankle holster before, but even though it weighs considerably less than a PM9 (I have one of those too), I am very aware of the extra weight of the gun like a pendulum weight out at the end of my leg. I'll do it if nothing else serves, but it isn't my favorite method of carry.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mescobar_rpls

Post by mescobar_rpls »

I carry a Kahr K9 in an Uncle Mike's Ankle Holster inside mid-cut cowboy boots (Justin Ropers). I attached a metal clip to the side of the holster so that the holster hangs on the edge of the boot and does not slip down. This saves my ankle bone. I could not stand the garter that came with the holster.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I've ankle carried an M&P340 J-frame in a Galco ankle holster before, but even though it weighs considerably less than a PM9 (I have one of those too), I am very aware of the extra weight of the gun like a pendulum weight out at the end of my leg. I'll do it if nothing else serves, but it isn't my favorite method of carry.
Same here! My PM9 feels like a lead weight hanging off my ankle. I could not get accustomed to the feel.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”