Crossbreed Supertuck Issue...

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
djdonte
Posts in topic: 4

Crossbreed Supertuck Issue...

Post by djdonte »

I recently received my order, a supertuck with combat cut, J clips and velcro clips. It is for my Gen3 G27 with Crimson Trace laser guard. although I was disappointed they left out my J clips and velcro clips, the holster seems well crafted. However, I have a concern. There is some slight lateral movement in my weapon, not enough to make me worry about retention, but definitely enough to worry about wear on my gun. I can make a video if need be. I am not sure if this is normal or not as I am a new CHL holder. I saw the instructions on adjusting the Kydex with a hair dryer but again, it is not a retention problem, more of a dimensional issue. I have emailed crossbreed and Ill see what they say. Im guessing Ill be sending this holster back for rework or a refund. I also feel like some felt would take up the slack and make it more secure, but then again why should I be adding felt to a 100+ dollar brand new holster!!! What are your thoughts?

MoJo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Crossbreed Supertuck Issue...

Post by MoJo »

There is a bit of slack in all the hybrid holsters I own. I have Crossbreed, Alien Gear, Old Faithful, and K Holster the gun wiggles a little in each. I understand your concern over damage to the gun's finish but, holster wear is a fact of life if you carry a gun in any kind of holster. Even the "indestructible" tennifer finish on a Glock will show some signs of holster wear if you carry one enough. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

gfmun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gfmun »

I am not any kind of expert, but I do own one. Once you put it on with your belt over it the movement will stop. It is not going to be the tight lock up of a full kydex holster as it is not made to be.

Thanks,

George

Topic author
djdonte

Post by djdonte »

Thanks for the input. The slack allows the weapon to moved "side to side" along the long way of the holster and not front to back if that helps any. The gun is tighter when being worn but not that much. When looking down the sights of the weapon while holstered you can see a small void. That's where I was thinking of putting the felt to take up the space.

MoJo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MoJo »

djdonte wrote:Thanks for the input. The slack allows the weapon to moved "side to side" along the long way of the holster and not front to back if that helps any. The gun is tighter when being worn but not that much. When looking down the sights of the weapon while holstered you can see a small void. That's where I was thinking of putting the felt to take up the space.
As I said, they all have a little slack, this slack is taken up when you tighten your belt across the holster. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
djdonte

Post by djdonte »

Someone already emailed me back and I'm gonna send them a few pics later. Didn't really expect an answer on Saturday that was nice.

airborned

Post by airborned »

Im working on a Crossbreed style holster made from leather no kydex and possibly pig or elk skin inside to help stop finish wear on the gun. I like the idea of the holster i have a White Hat i really enjoy but i dont care for kydex.

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

Another reason why I like Alien Gear and their adjustable retention.

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

You could always try tightening it yourself with a hair dryer if you see the areas where it begins to slide, but I think Crossbreed could give you better instructions. As mentioned above, see if it slides when it is on your body, as your holster should form around you, creating extra retention. The leather will eventually shape itself, and I would think this would solve the problem. As with any of these companies, they will work with you and refund your money if you send it back.

Topic author
djdonte

Post by djdonte »

Yeah forget 5 o'clock carrying... It hurt my back when sitting and driving and I was all paranoid pulling my shirt down so it didnt ride up. I am carrying at 330 now and it's much better. When tucking in at work, I used my iphone otter box belt clip to distract from the slight bulge in my waistline. Crossbreed got back to me and we both decided that the gun was more than secure when being worn. And the retention is just right so I'm not gonna mess with it any further. Kudos to crossbreed to their superb customer service. Their products aren't cheap but it's obvious that they stand behind them 100%. My next purchase will hopefully be something super small like a beretta nano or smaller 380 with a mini tuck. Thanks for helping out a new guy! Cheers!

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”