Shoulder rig for Les Baer PII

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
AOPAPilot
Posts in topic: 2

Shoulder rig for Les Baer PII

Post by AOPAPilot »

First off wanted to say hello to everybody. I was referred here by my CHL Instructor (ElGato) and thought I would come hang out for a bit. He teaches a heck of a class by the way, it was great. Now onto my question...

I am shopping for a shoulder rig, preferably under the arm with accomidation for two extra mags on the other side (I am right handed). I have a Sparks Versa Max II on order but I would like to get a shoulder rig for when I fly privately. Carrying on the hip would be pretty bulky even in the roomiest private plane (Cessna, Cirrus) and I would like to get a shoulder rig just so that I can be more comfortable while I am flying.

If anybody has any good suggestions I would appreciate it. I am looking for something that will be of lighter weight and upmost importantly COMFORT. Thanks in advance for the replies and it is great to find an informative forum like this where I can ask some of the many questions I have.

:D

-Nic

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Hi Nic, welcome to the board.

I have VM-II's for a couple of guns and you're going to love it.

I have a Galco Jackass rig, but I'm not really happy with it. I've heard the best reports on the Alessi shoulder rigs and you can learn more on

http://www.1911forum.com Lou doesn't have an active web site, but if you run a search on 1911 forum you'll get a bunch of comments and field reports on several different holsters. Lou does monitor 1911 forum so you may well get some responses from him as well. I fly also and that, along with long road trips, may be the best reason to have a shoulder rig.

Regards,
Chas.

Topic author
AOPAPilot
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AOPAPilot »

Thanks for the info Chas!

I was actually eyeing the Alessi shoulder rig and also got some pics from Lou of his rig after emailing him. It will probably come down to one of those two and hopefully someone here has some experience with one or the other and can shed some more light on my situation before I drop anymore cash on my new 1911. :lol:

edit- I cant wait for my VMII to come in. Funny thing is that the wait on my VMII will be longer than what it takes Baer to finish my pistol. They must be pullin some SERIOUS business through that place, and rightfully so!

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

Hi Nic
Thanks for the good words and welcome to the forum, you will like it here.

I appreciated your input in the class and I know you are one of the CHL's that I will see on the range, shooting.
Tomcat
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

Nic, check out delfatti.com and I think you will find some good kit there as well.

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”