IWB Leather for S&W M&P SHIELD?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 2

IWB Leather for S&W M&P SHIELD?

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

Has anybody seen or found a decent leather holster for a M&P Shield? I just searched the Don Hume site, and they didn't seem to have anything for it. Don Hume is my primary leather holster choice, and I wanted to stick with the same company, but it seems I cannot this time around. Has anybody seen, found, or have a leather IWB or even OWB holster for a shield? If so, please provide information such as a picture, link, or whatever you can. I on carry leather when I'm not wearing a synthetic high retention holster.

Thank you guys, let me know! I'm in the market!
Last edited by Charlies.Contingency on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

Re: IWB Leather for S&W M&P SHIELD?

Post by Jumping Frog »

I've purchased from Dan, the owner of Zlogonje Gunleathers before and been very happy with his work. He has a great reputation for someone who has been doing this for only 5 years.

His current lead time is five weeks. He has seven different leather IWB styles, all of which are available for the M&P Shield.

Here are a couple of examples.

Also has tuckable IWB"

-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

BTW, he also makes OWB holsters, hybrid holsters, mag carriers, and gunbelts.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://hoppcustomleather.com/

Very reasonably priced for custom made holsters. Really nice guy who owns and makes them. Just look at the photo gallery on his site. He does really good work. I have one of his holsters, and have another one on order.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

Jumping Frog wrote:BTW, he also makes OWB holsters, hybrid holsters, mag carriers, and gunbelts.
Thanks frog, I am a big fan of a tuck-able IWB holster. But that first IWB with the dual belt loops is what I like for a small gun. Thanks for the link!
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

The Zlogonje and Hopp holsters look like really nice rigs at really nice prices.

They're on my list for consideration next time I need a holster.

Thanks!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

Those Hopp holsters do look good! I've got Alien Gear IWB & been happy with it. Not a fan of their 2.0 though.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

I had Dan at Zlogonje make this tuckable dual IWB mag holster for 1911 mags about four years ago. It's given great service and is very comfortable. It is using a Comp-Tac clip.

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis »

I have a 9mm Shield and use a Bianchi you can see here http://goo.gl/wTjJoj. I like it as it: is leather; holds the pistol securely; has the large secure clip that lets me slip in on for a quick run to the hardware store and off again once home; well made and reasonably priced. I wear it at 2:00 (kidney) position and just got back from an 8 hour driving trip where it did not bother me in the least. I have a Monataur (sp?) hybrid that is ok but bulky, a pain to put on and no more secure or comfortable than the Bianchi.

The one caveat is that I wear it with a heavy leather belt and casual clothes. I cannot carry at work where I wear dress slacks. The Monataur would be better with that attire given the lighter dress belt.

Let us know what you pick and how it works out.
...for as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. Arbroath, 4/6/1320.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”