IWB help please

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Re: IWB help please

Post by mrvmax »

Skip IWB and go OWB, Raven Concealment makes a great one and there is no need to buy larger pants. Check out some 5/11 and Blackhawk carry shirts, they will cover an OWB holster well.

WinoVeritas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WinoVeritas »

I agree, if possible go OWB. If you can go with un-tucked shirt or other pull overs, OWB is much more comfortable. With a good gun belt and Perry Suspenders (SC200) you're good for all day comfort and no hitching the pants up repeatedly. This is my set up - minimal OWB leather holster (DeSantis Mini-Holster or Slide); compact to medium frame pistol; E25 DeSantis gun belt; Perry Suspenders - You could carry a full size 1911 with same type set up. The Perry Suspenders will also make up for a less than admirable gun belt - as in whatever regular belt you happen to have of sufficient leather body.

If you still want IWB, you can't beat AlienGear.

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

mojo84 wrote:
surferdaddy wrote:
MoJo wrote:Don't forget about the Wilderness Instructor Belt. I own four, one in each color they make. Buy either the 5 stitch or, the reinforced option and 1.5 inch minimum. Try one you will like it. :tiphat:
Yup, infinite adjustability.
That is one long belt. ;)
Haha! Yup, twisted 90° and laid on its side.
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

SkipB

Post by SkipB »

Thanks mrvmax, I'll check into those.
Skip Bishop

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

SkipB wrote:Thanks mrvmax, I'll check into those.
I just ordered Bravo Concealments IWB holster. When I get it I will post how it compares to the Raven.

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

I'm going to "pile on" about the belt. I too am a "big guy" (6'0, 280), and based on recommendations here, I bought a gun belt from http://www.thebeltman.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; over 2 years ago. I still wear it every day, and it's going strong. More $$ than a regular belt (I bought the 1 1/2 bullhide with velcro for my IWB holster at $100), but the durability and function makes it worth it.

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

lynchburgbull wrote:Hi folks,
Im new to concealed carrying and need to ask about IWB holsters. I am a big guy, 6'1 330lbs 48-50" waist. Im trying to figure out what holster to start with. any suggestions from the big guys out here? There are way to many choices to just pick one and hope it fits and works well. What about appendix carry ? any body my size carry in that position?

thanks folks
I am a semi big guy and tried several options ending up with a Silent Thunder GT from Garrett Industries. It allows for appendix carry and 3 - 4 o'clock carry. The quality of the holster is outstanding and the fit for my EDC is nearly perfect.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”