RAW DOG HOLSTER??

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
p.nalgas
Posts in topic: 4

RAW DOG HOLSTER??

Post by p.nalgas »

I've been searching for a holster for my s&w bodyguard and i came across "raw dog holsters". i've never heard of these before and they are made right here in texas. If any one has tried one of these what is your opinon on the quality and ease of use of this holster?

ghostrider
Posts in topic: 2

Re: RAW DOG HOLSTER??

Post by ghostrider »

Never heard of them. Thanks for the link. I like to keep my money in Texas, plus the holsters are on sale now :-)
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

I like the design; too bad they don't make them for a 1911, or Hi Power, or SR40c
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

ghostrider wrote:I like the design; too bad they don't make them for a 1911, or Hi Power, or SR40c
:iagree: or Beretta PX-4, etc ...
NRA Endowment Member

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

WildBill wrote:
ghostrider wrote:I like the design; too bad they don't make them for a 1911, or Hi Power, or SR40c
:iagree: or Beretta PX-4, etc ...
In fact, I don't see any of the full size service handguns except Glock. No Ruger SR's, no full size M&P's, no full size XD's, no CZ's, etc. etc.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

First post? Sure smells like SPAM in here. :mrgreen:

Too bad... Looks like an interesting hybrid design. Not many guns available. Not mine anyway.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

RoyGBiv wrote:First post? Sure smells like SPAM in here. :mrgreen:
I gave the benefit of the doubt because he didn't post a link (we all had to google it), and it was a question about quality instead of a flat-out product plug.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
p.nalgas

Post by p.nalgas »

lol not spam i promise :tiphat: . i ordered the holster and should b receiving it tomorrow, i'll review after carrying for at least a week. apparently these guys dont make holsters for full size weapons but if your looking for one i personally like aliengear i have a cz p07 and i carry it with an aliengear holster and i have zero complaints.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

p.nalgas wrote:lol not spam i promise :tiphat: . i ordered the holster and should b receiving it tomorrow, i'll review after carrying for at least a week. apparently these guys dont make holsters for full size weapons but if your looking for one i personally like aliengear i have a cz p07 and i carry it with an aliengear holster and i have zero complaints.
Just received an aliengear that I ordered for a friends Christmas present. Although I'm iffy on the clips (plastic) I like the holster itself. Especially the neoprene. We'll see how he likes it, and how sweaty it gets in the summer heat. Initial impression was positive.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

I ordered an aliengear for my SR9c. It should be here next week. The shell has cracked on my Crossbreed. I like that you can order multiple shells for the aliengear. I may order a shell from aliengear and mount it on my crossbreed paddle. I'll have to drill new holes and either rivet it on, or get screws if I do.

Topic author
p.nalgas

Post by p.nalgas »

unfortunately i got the 1.0 version with the leather back and it sucks for the summer, but my friend has a 2.0 for his 1911 and loves it. no under shirt needed. i havent had any problems with my clips (so far) :shock: I was going to buy an alien gear but they dont make one for s&w body guard without the lazer -_-

Topic author
p.nalgas

Post by p.nalgas »

ok i've been using the raw dog holster for a couple of weeks now. in all honesty its pretty similar to the aliengear holster, plastic front and leather back. it's definitely smaller than the aliengear but other than that i'd say they are about the same in all aspects (retention, build quality etc etc etc) :thumbs2:

PaJ

Post by PaJ »

p.nalgas wrote:ok i've been using the raw dog holster for a couple of weeks now. in all honesty its pretty similar to the aliengear holster, plastic front and leather back. it's definitely smaller than the aliengear but other than that i'd say they are about the same in all aspects (retention, build quality etc etc etc) :thumbs2:
How is it comfort wise? I'll confess that I struggle to get a dual clip (Aliengear) on my belt. This looks much easier. Recently I had to disarm so took my Aliengear off. When I tried to discreetly put it back on (hiding behind my truck door in the parking garage), I ended up dropping my entire rig (gun included) on the ground.

If it's just as comfortable, this looks much easier to get on. Fortunately they have sizes for my guns.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”