Smart Carry-Deep Conceal

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Swoops1
Posts in topic: 1

Smart Carry-Deep Conceal

Post by Swoops1 »

I recently purchased a Smart Carry holster http://www.smartcarry.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The reason for my purchase is I wear slacks and tucked in shirt during the week and needed something so I could carry all of the time. Ankle holster was totally out as was anything that required a jacket for concealment. They have a 60 day money back guarantee so you can try it out. I've been wearing it around the house and doing a little practice accessing my Star PD .45, no problem on the draw or should I say no worse than having to pull your shirt up with any IWB. Re-holster awkward but, if I have to pull it I won't be in a hurry to get it back in. If you don't like appendix carry it's not for you. So far I have found it comfortable even when sitting, it basically disappears someone would have to be really checking out you package to see it. It also has a little pouch for a spare mag. which I really need with my EDC

recrisp

Re: Smart Carry-Deep Conceal

Post by recrisp »

Thanks for posting that, I have not heard of them before, it appears I didn't search as well as I thought I did when I was recently looking for a nice holster.
I'm going to keep them in mind, it looks like a good choice to me. :)

Thanks again!

Randy

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I found carrying my G19 in a S.C. too hot in the summer.

Also, when you sit down, your lap looks questionable...

I retired mine.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I had and still have one and got the NRA version too. Both are less being used as I do not have go deep concealment at work. Current work is 30-06 and fully time, not a contract. They do work. with SC or even Compact pistols. Comfortable or not, it is you who decide.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

c.edgington

Post by c.edgington »

I've seen these before and considered them, but thought retrieving the gun might be somewhat questionable. I just ordered an Urban Carry (http://urbancarryholsters.com/holsters- ... carry.html) so we'll see how that works out!
Sent-01/22/2014
Plastic-3/15/14

handog

Post by handog »

Swoops1 wrote:I recently purchased a Smart Carry holster http://www.smartcarry.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The reason for my purchase is I wear slacks and tucked in shirt during the week and needed something so I could carry all of the time. Ankle holster was totally out as was anything that required a jacket for concealment. They have a 60 day money back guarantee so you can try it out. I've been wearing it around the house and doing a little practice accessing my Star PD .45, no problem on the draw or should I say no worse than having to pull your shirt up with any IWB. Re-holster awkward but, if I have to pull it I won't be in a hurry to get it back in. If you don't like appendix carry it's not for you. So far I have found it comfortable even when sitting, it basically disappears someone would have to be really checking out you package to see it. It also has a little pouch for a spare mag. which I really need with my EDC
I've purchased a Smart Carry holster recently as well. It's the most comfortable and well concealed holster I've owned. It's worn like a sports cup. No clips on your belt. Until now I had never carried an extra mag. With the extra pouch I can carry one without sacrificing comfort. I took a big leap this year and changed my EDC from a G36 6+1 .45 to a G26 Gen 4 10+1 9mm. 21 rounds with the extra mag. Very happy with the purchase.

Rick-O

Post by Rick-O »

I have used the Smart Carry and NeoCarry(found them on eBay). I like the NeoCarry much more. I ride bicycles and we can carry with the NeoCarry under spandex. Yes, it does print a little with my Shield, but we carry at 4 oclock and the print gets broken up by what we may have in our jersey pockets. I also run and it fits more snug under the t-shirt. Neither Smart Carry nor NeoCarry are a fast draw. Try them both and see what works best for you.

The eBay seller and designer of NeoCarry is (saxaxxion) http://www.ebay.com/sch/saxaxxion/m.htm ... pg=&_from=

If he doesn't have the holster listed, contact him directly. Very good guy.

YMMV, I am not a paid spokesperson, just a happy customer.

BradyBunchHater
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BradyBunchHater »

c.edgington wrote:I've seen these before and considered them, but thought retrieving the gun might be somewhat questionable. I just ordered an Urban Carry (http://urbancarryholsters.com/holsters- ... carry.html) so we'll see how that works out!
I had never seen this before. I'm really interested in it and it looks like something that would fit my needs. Thanks for the tip!

BradyBunchHater
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BradyBunchHater »

Everybody's needs are different and I've never tried the smartcarry, but something I found and love is the CrossBreed Belly Band. It's definitely worth looking at!

remanifest

Post by remanifest »

Rick-O wrote:I have used the Smart Carry and NeoCarry(found them on eBay). I like the NeoCarry much more. I ride bicycles and we can carry with the NeoCarry under spandex. Yes, it does print a little with my Shield, but we carry at 4 oclock and the print gets broken up by what we may have in our jersey pockets. I also run and it fits more snug under the t-shirt. Neither Smart Carry nor NeoCarry are a fast draw. Try them both and see what works best for you.

The eBay seller and designer of NeoCarry is (saxaxxion) http://www.ebay.com/sch/saxaxxion/m.htm ... pg=&_from=

If he doesn't have the holster listed, contact him directly. Very good guy.

YMMV, I am not a paid spokesperson, just a happy customer.
Very interested to know if the NeoCarry could be carried in a similar position to the Smart Carry - I currently have an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0, but I work in an office environment & would prefer deep concealment. Any insight you can provide is awesome.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

IMHO, the only thing the Smart Carry is good for is to hang my Crossbreed on when I am wearing jogging pants. Cinch up your drawstring with the butt of the gun above your waistband and you have a decent rig for walking or light jogging. No offense to others, but there is no way I would ever use the Smart Carry by itself. It has nothing that really covers the trigger, and that just not very....well smart.

The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”