New Favorite Holster

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
joeybcdt
Posts in topic: 3

New Favorite Holster

Post by joeybcdt »

I never thought I'd be a kydex kind of guy. I've always used custom made leather holsters. I've tried some kydex in the past and was not impressed. Then I found this place: http://tulster.com/. VERY impressed. Great design and workmanship. I never thought I'd call a kydex holster attractive but these are. Love how my handgun snaps in. My only minor complaint is that I have to make darn sure the clip engages my belt when I first put it on.

mr1337
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Favorite Holster

Post by mr1337 »

Very nice. What do you carry?
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Tulster holders do look like a quality product and they look good too.

They also have a great choice of patterns and colors, which I haven't seen for most Kydex holsters.

I have found that it is easier to put the empty holster on the belt and make adjustments prior to securing to the waist and holstering the gun.

I hope that yours is what you are looking for.
NRA Endowment Member

SoloXCRacer

Post by SoloXCRacer »

Those look nice! Reminds me of the Cook's Holsters.

Topic author
joeybcdt

Post by joeybcdt »

Well, after more than a month of edc I'm still very impressed with this holster. After a couple of days getting used to the clip it's a non-issue.

I work in a very hot environment. 100+ degrees F. My leather holsters would get wet and bleed on my pants and get the firearm all wet. No more bleed and no more wet gun. Very impressed.

mcscanner

Post by mcscanner »

joey,

The kydex does get you out of a sweaty wet holster and gun, but do keep a close eye on the metal hardware on the body side of the holster and check that side of the gun too. I keep a small bottle of gun oil on the closet shelf where I store the gun for the night and grab a q-tip from the bathroom. I swap the body side fastener, especially in the thread area ever couple of days and check the gun too. I made the mistake of not checking often and had to remove the fasteners, wire brush the male threads and chased the female with a tap. Only a problem that first summer when we hit 100 degree days for what seemed forever. :shock:

...chased the female with a tap... I know what you guys are thinking... Don't go there, seriously :totap:

Mike
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Topic author
joeybcdt

Post by joeybcdt »

Mike,

You are absolutely correct. Back when I was carrying a Shield in leather the mag release failed to function. The entire release mechanism was rusted and would not release the mag. Required a trip to the gunsmith.

It never occurred to me to grease the mag release before that.

ARblitz4077

Post by ARblitz4077 »

Been using a kydex holster for a couple of years now both in owb and iwb configuration, best holsters I've used.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My son has been making IWB holsters for his friends (and me) that look exactly like those.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”