Tuckable Belt clip excuse

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
WyattP
Posts in topic: 2

Tuckable Belt clip excuse

Post by WyattP »

So I thought I'd get yalls opinion on a clever excuse to someone casually inquiring about the exposed belt clip. A little background for you guys on me carrying. I've been carrying for about two years now, basically always IWB with my tuckable Blackhawk holster for my M&P shield. Well I got a corporate job that requires slacks and a button down tucked in, so naturally I stuck with the same holster and I've been able to sit comfortably in a chair on a 12 hour day with it concealed and tucked in. So after about three weeks of carrying, I had my first curious person ask about my clip. They said "Oh hey is that a pace counter?" I was instantly confused until I realized what she was pointing at and basically touched (my exposed belt clip). After I realized I just went with "nah it's just a belt clip that holds everything together". Well it worked easily!! Anyways, I thought I'd post here to see how you guys have responded to that question or would respond!

Thanks!

RJGold
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tuckable Belt clip excuse

Post by RJGold »

Never had anyone look that close but I don't wear my shirt tucked in all that often...

Sounds reasonable to me...

You may also consider looking at Comp-Tac holsters and their C clips. They fit under the belt and are more concealed than normal clips. I use Comp-Tac clips on most of my holsters as I don't like metal clips, I also own a couple of Comp-Tacs and love them.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

How about a simple, "I don't like to talk about it."

You haven't lied, either. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

jmra

Post by jmra »

Underwear suspender
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

wow! that's rather nervy of her. Honestly, in the years, and years we've been carrying I think the only time either one of us have ever noticed a belt clip was at a church a couple of years ago. It was rather shiny and the light glinted off of it just right for a split second. I never would have mentioned it to him. I did ask my sister about him, it was her church, and found out he was retired LEO.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Emergency ventilator.

I recommend using the Velcro clips. They're virtually impossible to see, but require Velcro sewed into the inside of your gun belt (Comp Tac did mine from the factory).
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
WyattP
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WyattP »

When she asked me she like pointed to her fit bit like "oh that's cool you got your pace counter on your hip!" I was seriously caught of guard, but I think I'll have to go with emergency ventilator next time!! Hahahaah

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

WyattP wrote:When she asked me she like pointed to her fit bit like "oh that's cool you got your pace counter on your hip!" I was seriously caught of guard, but I think I'll have to go with emergency ventilator next time!! Hahahaah
Aw, she was just hitting on you ...
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I'm with SewTexas - What nerve.

I cannot imagine any scenario in which I would inquire about obviously personal matters.

Sheesh!

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”