Post by 45703030shooter »

Thanks for yalls help. Those all look like good options

texasmusic
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun belts

Post by texasmusic »

I'd like to add another to the list:

meangeneleather.com

I've been very impressed by the Aegis version of his belt, so I bought one of the standard ones to try out as well. They seem to be stiffer than the beltman, which is also a very nice belt.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NotRPB »

I daily still wear Comptac contoured double layered leather kydex reinforced Velcro lined (for Velcro belt clips) belt I got in 2007/2008 still acts and looks new after all these years
http://www.comp-tac.com/gun-belts/

Made in Texas :txflag:

tlt
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tlt »

Does the Kydex go all the way to the tip, or end before the holes.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I just remembered another gun belt maker who prices are a bit lower: Simply Rugged

I have one of his belts and it's quite good, not as pretty as some, but very good at doing it's job.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

tlt wrote:Does the Kydex go all the way to the tip, or end before the holes.
ends before the holes, so it's flexible enough to buckle

WinoVeritas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WinoVeritas »

TVegas

Post by TVegas »

The DeSantis Econobelt is an awesome value belt. It runs about $30 and is reinforced with a polymer liner. It only comes in black and isn't the prettiest of belts, but it is a good looking and functional belt at a great price. I have used it for over a year now and it has some wear, but nothing beyond some scuffs and scratches. I highly recommend it for a solid belt that you can get quickly.

As a heavy duty belt, I just recently got an SOE EDC belt. It's by far the stiffest and most bombproof belt I have seen, but it's not quite as practical or nice looking as a nice leather belt.
:txflag: Thanks and Gig 'em! :thumbs2:

Topic author
45703030shooter

Post by 45703030shooter »

I asked the guy that fixed my boots in floresville if he could make them. He does two layers with stiffener. One week turnaround and under 85 bucks and I can see and feel other examples and pick colors. I think I'm gonna give him a try before I order one online. Thanks for all yells help

tlt

Post by tlt »

I would suggest extending the liner to the end. I was thinking that if you cut about 1/2" from the center at the end from the belt holes to near the tip, it will help keep the part around the buckle from stretching.

I'd be interested in seeing it.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

A little late to the party, but I've become a fan of Armour Belts. Mike is a class act and will typically turn around an order in about a week. As far as quality goes, you'd be hard pressed to find a better belt. I have several Beltman belts, but my Armour belts easily blow them away. While the double thick gun belts are awesome (want to carry a full-sized stainless steel 1911 with two extra mags, no problem), I find that the 1.5" dress belt with internal stiffener to be great for EDC. Its thinner and as a result the clips on most holsters fit over it better. That said I don't feel like I'm giving up any stiffness with the thinner belt. Can't sing praises loud enough for them.

As an aside, I also have a few of his 1.25" dress belts for use with slacks and suits. Again, much better quality than anything you'll find at a men's clothing store.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

KC80

Post by KC80 »

These are pretty nice and not real expensive. http://tacticalgear.com/511-1-5-leather ... 704,9287/1
:seeya:

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

tlt wrote:I would suggest extending the liner to the end. I was thinking that if you cut about 1/2" from the center at the end from the belt holes to near the tip, it will help keep the part around the buckle from stretching.

I'd be interested in seeing it.
I've worn the CompTac daily since about 2008.. no problems

The problem with extending reinforcements to the tip ... might end up like the 5.11 tactical belt problems.
http://workingperson.com/5-11-tactical- ... rA#reviews
4 out of 4 people found this product review helpful.
I got this belt about 6 months ago...
By: Joe K.
I got this belt about 6 months ago and I have been using it every day for carrying my compact semi-auto in an IWB holster and for a dozen or so local USPSA/IPSC shoots (with a paddle-holster). I was initially very impressed with the strength and stiffness of the belt, especially for the relatively low price. After the first month or so, however, the edges of the belt began to peel away from the polymer insert where the buckle and the clip of my holster rubbed on them. Several months later the insert started to break where I normally buckle it so only the thin leather shell is holding it together. So, I can no longer trust the belt to hold together and I'm looking for a more durable one, I expected a little better from 5.11...

Bottom line: it looks pretty good and will probably work well if you only use it for carrying occasionally, but I wouldn't recommend it if you plan to use it every day.
Was this review helpful To you?
4 out of 4 people found this product review helpful.

2 out of 5
I bought two of these belts. First one...
By: Joseph L.
I bought two of these belts. First one lasted about a year, second one about four mounths. I have to agree with Joe K., both belts broke the inner "permastiff" part of the belt at the buckle. Only has a 30 day warranty, I won't buy another one.
Was this review helpful To you?

Since my favorite CONTOURED Velcro lined kydex reinforced Comptac is 90 to !00 dollars-ish

Less expensive Reinforced Ones I am considering for yard-work//bicycling to stop having to change my Comptac from one pair pants to another several times a day are
( I think all these are reviewed to some extent on this forum ... somewhere, )

$59.88
Alien Gear Gun Belt
steel-reinforced
you might try steel insert instead of a polymer/plastic I don't know if they go to the tip or not yet, haven't ordered my yard-work/bicycling belt yet)
http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-gun-belt.html

$57.50
aker leather B21 (This is probably hat you have now I'm guessing from your prior post)
reinforcing strip of polymer
http://akerleather.com/off-duty-belts/o ... -belt.html

$46.99
Gould & Goodrich GoldLine: 1-1/2" Reinforced Dress Belt
http://www.officerstore.com/store/produ ... ress-Belt/

& I'm looking for cheap ...
may even get the $29 Desantis Econobelt in the post above for some yard-work
http://www.desantisholster.com/ECONOBELT-1-12
Your Price: $26.49
Found a review after 1 year of wear ...

Beltman is equal to or comparable to CompTac, that Armour Belt link above looks similar
... higher price range >>> Like most "Good Belts" $85 to $150-ish
===================

Another STEEL INSERT Belt I nearly forgot about
SUPERSTIFF™ Bull Hide BULLBELT® with Internal Steel Stiffener
https://www.daltechforce.com/specialty- ... -stiffener
If you get the "ultimate thickness" for super stiff belt for the heavier 1911s or whatever
Roughly $104.00
(Twice the price of the Alien Gear Gun Belt with steel insert, but one of the really stiff belts, lifetime guarantee not to split etc ...)

---
Good review of Beltman, 5.11 and a couple models of Daltech Force with pictures viewtopic.php?t=67640#p832849

===================

UPDATE 12-31-2015

Out of curiosity,
I bought a $29 Desantis Econobelt for yardwork/mowing the lawn etc
These are stated as made as pants belts for officers to hold up pants when wearing a separate Sam Browne Belt for gun, equipment etc
These are a thick leather with like felt material under it
Nowhere close to being as stiff, or the quality a GUNbelt as my two CompTac reinforced belts .. and so I doubt I'll ever wear it out of my yard.
(In Other Words, I'm not real impressed with it as a gun belt) I'm spoiled on Stiffer reinforced belts CompTac makes
That said, I already got paint on it while painting outside last week, but ... it was only $29.00

My dad made Saddles, Boots etc back in the 1940s, I used his tools in the 1970s to sell leather goods to hippies :)
I made my own first GunBelt
I may try some of the others above too now, but I'm still impressed with the CompTac (Made in Texas) Quality and anything would have to be pretty good to top them http://www.comp-tac.com/gun-belts/
Last edited by NotRPB on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tlt

Post by tlt »

Very useful post, thanks for all that. Yes, I have the Aker, and it's held up fairly well. 3 years on, aside from some scuffing from holsters. It's stretching a little where the buckle loop holes are. Perhaps the material wouldn't lend itself to repeated sharp bending around the buckle, that's why I was thinking if you extended two thinner strips forward, and part of the insert like this = it might prevent the stretching, while still being fairly flexible, squeezing a bit more life out of it.

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

I've two of the DeSantis E25 Econo Belt 38" OWB and 42" IWB (which I no longer do). Both have been durable and have functioned well. One about 2 YO and one 1 YO. Paid less than $20 each. + shipping. Wouldn't mind trying one of the AlienGear, but until one of these E25 goes south, no need.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”