Separate gun belt?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

tlt
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Separate gun belt?

Post by tlt »

I do have a similar hat. Now I understand why some lady working at Home Depot asked me if I was a Texas Ranger. I laughed and told her no, but thank you for the compliment.

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 5

Post by JALLEN »

tlt wrote:I do have a similar hat. Now I understand why some lady working at Home Depot asked me if I was a Texas Ranger. I laughed and told her no, but thank you for the compliment.
I hope you didn't have it on in the house. Maybe you were in the Garden section or something.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

The website of the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum has some information about the dress code and equipment used by rangers.

They specify a light colored Rancher or Cattleman style hat.

They also require a western belt. Fanny packs are specifically prohibited. :lol:

http://www.texasranger.org/today/Clothi ... tions.html
http://www.texasranger.org/today/Equipment.htm
NRA Endowment Member

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

An approved handgun should be worn in a waist holster at all times.
I wonder if the Rangers are having a similarly hard time deciding what a "waist holster" is. :biggrinjester:

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

SRO1911 wrote:
JALLEN wrote:
The few I have seen in person have always been impressively dignified and appropriate.

I bet the belts in that picture set him pay a month's pay or close.
Not sure if it is still the case, but many years ago when I worked for TDCJ - ID, there were a few units that had craft ships dedicated to leather work. It was very inexpensive, and only available through what I considered a convoluted process. One of the things they advertised/pushed was the ranger gear - for Rangers.
They also made the saddles and tack for mounted officers.

I believe they still have those shops. I've seen some of their work and is it surprisingly nice and good quality. Not sure who all can purchase their goods though.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

mojo84 wrote:
SRO1911 wrote:
JALLEN wrote:
The few I have seen in person have always been impressively dignified and appropriate.

I bet the belts in that picture set him pay a month's pay or close.
Not sure if it is still the case, but many years ago when I worked for TDCJ - ID, there were a few units that had craft ships dedicated to leather work. It was very inexpensive, and only available through what I considered a convoluted process. One of the things they advertised/pushed was the ranger gear - for Rangers.
They also made the saddles and tack for mounted officers.

I believe they still have those shops. I've seen some of their work and is it surprisingly nice and good quality. Not sure who all can purchase their goods though.
I have seen some leather work and other crafts for sale at the gift shop at the Texas Prison Museum in Huntsville.
The workmanship varies for various items. They don't have a big selection.
The only thing I bought was a money clip. You can also custom order a few items.
NRA Endowment Member

Unocat
Banned

Post by Unocat »

A second belt means the weight of the gun, clips and such don't pull down your pants. The only problem I find with a second belt is that it can create a cover to your jeans pocket oh the holster side, meaning it is difficult to get items in and out of that pocket.

But mucho cool points... If your going to open carry a gun belt with a single action army is sweet!
NRA lifetime member
Combat Veteran
"carthago delenda est"

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”