Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
casp625
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Tucker Leather HF1

Post by casp625 »

flechero wrote:
casp625 wrote:45ACP for sure! Also ordered 3 Wilson 47OX and 3 lo-profile plates to match.
Great combo, I also use mainly 47OX mags and have the same (47ox) spring/follower kits in my other mags. I added a magwell so I kept the standard basepads. Although I slimmed, shortened and round butted it; then broke all the hard edges for carry. It's still shorter than a full size but get the advantages of the magwell.
Which grips are those? Are they the ETC/FRAG Zebra?

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

Yes- ETC Frag in Black/Gray.

Topic author
casp625

Post by casp625 »

flechero wrote:Yes- ETC Frag in Black/Gray.
Alright cool. I just ordered some ETC/FRAG in Zebra - VZ having a 15% off sale for labor day weekend. :)

ntexaschl
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ntexaschl »

Here's one of mine:

micro sd card pics 301.jpg

Topic author
casp625

Post by casp625 »

ntexaschl wrote:Here's one of mine:

micro sd card pics 301.jpg
That looks good! I also just picked up Tucker The Answer IWB holster and alternate between that and the HF1 :cheers2:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

I'm reviving this not toooo old thread to ask a couple questions about this HF1 holster for any that have experience with it.

How is the forward cant? It doesn't look too much. I prefer a more straight up draw and this looks minimal and probably acceptable for my taste.

I've also been considering a thumb break, but have read that it is only really necessary for someone that would be more actively involved while carrying such as a LEO that might end up wrestling with some BG and would prefer to not have their gun fall out while doing so. For those with a somewhat less active lifestyle or probability the normal amount of retention offered by the fit of the holster and tension due to the belt would suffice. Is that ya'lls experience with the HF1?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

C-dub wrote:I'm reviving this not toooo old thread to ask a couple questions about this HF1 holster for any that have experience with it.

How is the forward cant? It doesn't look too much. I prefer a more straight up draw and this looks minimal and probably acceptable for my taste.

I've also been considering a thumb break, but have read that it is only really necessary for someone that would be more actively involved while carrying such as a LEO that might end up wrestling with some BG and would prefer to not have their gun fall out while doing so. For those with a somewhat less active lifestyle or probability the normal amount of retention offered by the fit of the holster and tension due to the belt would suffice. Is that ya'lls experience with the HF1?
I have had no trouble with mine. Solid retainage4 with 3, 4 and 5 inch 1911's.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

PBratton wrote:
C-dub wrote:I'm reviving this not toooo old thread to ask a couple questions about this HF1 holster for any that have experience with it.

I have had no trouble with mine. Solid retainage4 with 3, 4 and 5 inch 1911's.
:thumbs2: Great, that's what I was hoping to hear.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

I Have two. Both are great. May be some holsters as good but none any better. My opinion. YMMV.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”