USMC 1972-1979

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Womens carry options?

Post by TexasTornado »

howdy wrote:I have no experience with this holster but it looks interesting:

https://www.gungoddess.com/flashbang-bra-holster/

Video:
Maybe it's just me... but the flash part of this option bothers me. I just assume not expose myself (even if it's just my stomach and bra) to anyone, much less someone I intend to shoot.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

I don't have a problem with the "flash", I just had a problem with the holster. the gun kept flopping up.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

TexasTornado wrote:Maybe it's just me... but the flash part of this option bothers me. I just assume not expose myself (even if it's just my stomach and bra) to anyone, much less someone I intend to shoot.
Have you considered it could be a distraction... giving you a tactical advantage? After all, the guy won't be "ogling" long!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Pawpaw wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:Maybe it's just me... but the flash part of this option bothers me. I just assume not expose myself (even if it's just my stomach and bra) to anyone, much less someone I intend to shoot.
Have you considered it could be a distraction... giving you a tactical advantage? After all, the guy won't be "ogling" long!

:iagree:

Of course I'm not a woman, but a dead guy won't remember whether you have an innie , or an outie.

:mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Pawpaw wrote:
:shock: your own version of "shock and awe" :biggrinjester:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

SewTexas wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
I wouldn't say it was my own version but in a deadly force encounter, shouldn't modesty and social convention go out the window?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Pawpaw wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
I wouldn't say it was my own version but in a deadly force encounter, shouldn't modesty and social convention go out the window?

Even if you don't have to pull the trigger, I doubt you'll have to say " my eyes are up here"

:biggrinjester:

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WTR »

I don't pretend to know how comfortable the carry style is. However, in this case, the young lady seems to have an ample breast size and I see more "skin" each time I walk through a Wal Mart.

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

Jusme wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

Even if you don't have to pull the trigger, I doubt you'll have to say " my eyes are up here"

:biggrinjester:

If the options were modesty or safety I'd agree with ya'll, but there are so many different ways to carry. Just saying I'd prefer one of the other others. I am more on the modest side than most females my age for sure....at least in public.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

WTR wrote:I don't pretend to know how comfortable the carry style is. However, in this case, the young lady seems to have an ample breast size and I see more "skin" each time I walk through a Wal Mart.
Can't tell you how many times I've seen a girl in the store and thought "put some damn clothes on." Not sure why girls wanna put it all out there like they do, but that's another topic.

NRA Lifetime Member

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

TexasTornado wrote:If the options were modesty or safety I'd agree with ya'll, but there are so many different ways to carry. Just saying I'd prefer one of the other others. I am more on the modest side than most females my age for sure....at least in public.
And I commend you for it. I just didn't want you to discount what appears to be a valid carry method based only on that one concern. That you have thought about it is enough for me. :tiphat:

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RogueUSMC »

one thing to think about on this one...

If a guy grabs a girl and has 'physical' ideas in mind, that spot will be one of the first three locations he grabs (lower front, lower back and upper front) maybe putting your gun somewhere else makes sense??
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

RogueUSMC wrote:one thing to think about on this one...

If a guy grabs a girl and has 'physical' ideas in mind, that spot will be one of the first three locations he grabs (lower front, lower back and upper front) maybe putting your gun somewhere else makes sense??

Great Point RogueUSMC!

All kidding aside, that type of scenario is a very real concern for women, no matter how/where they carry. We men, don't usually have to worry about
things like that, That is why I stress to my wife and daughter, that SA is their best friend. Most men, can overpower, most women in a physical confrontation. I didn't say all men and all women, there are several women, that I know would wear me out and make me look very foolish. :oops: But being aware, at all times, can reduce the chances of a surprise attack. I'm sure that, just like with men, women are different, and have different carry needs, not only from us, but from each other. The Flashbang, may be the ideal option for some women, but it is limited to the type of gun that can be carried, as well as clothing options available.

That's why I am glad that this forum has a female contingent willing to share their ideas, and opinions based on real life experiences, so other women can be better informed than they could with just a bunch of men trying to tell them how they need to carry.

:tiphat:

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”