Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Urban Carry Holsters

Post by WildBill »

I ran across this a few days ago.

It looks interesting, but as usual, I am skeptical.

Has anyone tried it?

NRA Endowment Member

Flightmare

Re: Urban Carry Holsters

Post by Flightmare »

I actually have one and it's very comfortable to carry. However with my larger belly, it does make things a bit tricky to retrieve the firearm easily. Then again, I was using a double stack Bersa 9mm HC
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

This looks like a new version of the old "Pager Pal" holster.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Sean
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Sean »

I recently decided to go ahead and get one of these holsters. I purchased there new model which they call the G2 and was pleasantly surprised. I am not the most fit or thin person in the world and IWBs dug into my stomach a lot. This holster was as comfortable as they said no digging into my side or stomach like before. As well I can draw very quickly even with the belly that I have. Was not a regrettable purchase.

ELB

Post by ELB »

So this requires a two-handed draw? Also looks like that if you are seated, you can't draw? That's a couple large negatives to me. I could see this being useful as a very covert carry type of holster, if you are in certain "non-permissive" environments tho.

The old pager pal had the advantage of disguising the belt attachment part as a pager holster.
USAF 1982-2005

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

"...there's a pocket in the back to carry your gun license in..."
lemme jus' git my license out officer...it's in'ere wit' my gun...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

It might be something that I might consider this in shorts or something but but I dunno. The original is $55...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RogueUSMC wrote:
"...there's a pocket in the back to carry your gun license in..."[/quote
lemme jus' git my license out officer...it's in'ere wit' my gun...
My thought exactly. I would likely not go well for anyone in that particular situation.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

WildBill wrote:Has anyone tried it?
I have not, nor have I tried the Smart Carry, which is sort of a similar concept. I'm a big guy.......in the horizontal sense. Some would say that I have a sectional density challenge. While I typically wear my shirts untucked, I otherwise try to wear pants that fit properly and are not too baggy. For this kind of thing to work for me, I would have to wear looser pants than I'd like, and then I'd be constantly asking my wife if these pants make me look fat. And since I OWB about 99.999% of the time anyway, I haven't felt the need to purchase a holster of this type.

That said, it seems like a perfectly viable means of carry for someone with less biomass; and if I were built that way, I'd probably try one.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Saw this or something similar at gun show recently. Looks like it would work well if you have the right body type.

Because of my waist line I have to use a Sneaky Pete to "openly" conceal carry.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Caliber

Post by Caliber »

Like Pawpaw stated, it reminds me of the old Pager Pal holster which I bought at a gun show and never used.

Sean

Post by Sean »

ELB wrote:So this requires a two-handed draw? Also looks like that if you are seated, you can't draw? That's a couple large negatives to me. I could see this being useful as a very covert carry type of holster, if you are in certain "non-permissive" environments tho.

The old pager pal had the advantage of disguising the belt attachment part as a pager holster.

It is very covert. My office buddy could not even tell i had my firearm with me. The draw does take some getting used to, but over all I had to lift my shirt up and then draw with my IWB holster so either way I use two hands, it is a bit different drawing from my appendix region. Have not yet been able to do a seated draw but on the website there is a video where they show someone drawing while sitting. Hopefully I can get this down cause that is something that I would like to be able to do.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Sean wrote:...

It is very covert. My office buddy could not even tell i had my firearm with me. The draw does take some getting used to, but over all I had to lift my shirt up and then draw with my IWB holster so either way I use two hands, it is a bit different drawing from my appendix region. Have not yet been able to do a seated draw but on the website there is a video where they show someone drawing while sitting. Hopefully I can get this down cause that is something that I would like to be able to do.
Aha! An actual user!

I pointed this holster out to a buddy who works in office environments where it would be good not to be known to carry. I am curious how noticeable the part that folds over the belt is -- it looks a little obvious to me in the videos, but maybe not in real life. Does anyone ask you what it is ?
USAF 1982-2005

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Interesting.
Not a favorable review from this guy. Seems like a fair review.

As a guy that carries AIWB, I was hoping this would be a good alternative.

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

it's an interesting concept. I can see how it might work for the smaller guns, but it obviously doesn't work for the larger ones
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”