Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
twjones
Posts in topic: 8

Glock 19 Leather Holster

Post by twjones »

All,

I've reviewed the holster vendor thread and still can't come up with anything.

Any suggestions for a leather holster for a Glock 19? Pictures you may have with you G19?

Thank you.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Glock 19 Leather Holster

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

twjones wrote:All,

Any suggestions for a leather holster for a Glock 19? Pictures you may have with you G19?

Thank you.
http://www.rdwarrenleather.com I just bought a snap-type holster and mag carrier for a 1911 and it is beautiful. You can't beat his prices.

Chas.

Topic author
twjones
Posts in topic: 8

Post by twjones »

Thanks Charles!

Does anyone have a holster they just wear around the house and they can pretty much clip it to anything?

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I have a plethora of holsters for my Glock 19. My advice - first decide what you want to use the holster for, and then decide whether you plan to get other 9mm Glocks (G26, G17). If you may get others, then get a holster that will accommodate multiple lengths of gun, meaning an open end style.

If you want to wear it IWB with deep concealment, then I'd recommend either a Crossbreed Supertuck or Milt Sparks Versa Max 2.

If you want an OWB holster, and don't mind taking your belt on and off, there are a ton of great choices. It really just comes down to taste and budget. I have not tried the guy that Charles recommends, but I do have an Adams Leather Works holster for my G26 that I love, a Galco for my G19 that works great, and I also love Tucker Gunleather holsters.

If you want a holster that you can easily take on and off (without removing your belt), then go with a paddle style. Fobus is cheap but works OK. Or you could go high end and get something like a Kramer Gunleather MSP paddle holster.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but like most I have a whole drawer of holsters for various guns and carry purposes.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Thank you.
http://www.rdwarrenleather.com I just bought a snap-type holster and mag carrier for a 1911 and it is beautiful. You can't beat his prices.

Chas.
Charles -

Is that holster lined? I'm worried about hurting the finish on my new Dan Wesson 1911's (Guardian and a Valor I just ordered).

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Galco OWB w/G19.

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Bravo Concealment OWB L2 retention w/G19:

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Thank you.

Chas.
Charles -

Is that holster lined? I'm worried about hurting the finish on my new Dan Wesson 1911's (Guardian and a Valor I just ordered).
Not the one I ordered and I don't know if Randy offers a lined holster. He may be willing to make a lined holster, but it does require a pattern modification.

Chas.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Galco OWB w/G19.

I have this same holster. It conceals very well for me, and is fairly comfortable. The main challenge I have is that these types of holsters require that I remove my belt to take the holster on and off.

Lena
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lena »

I carry a Glock 32 or 1911 depending on where I go, my main 2 holsters I have carried for years are a Rusty Scherrick Range Master and a Minute Man, both go on belt, the range master is the best carrying holster I have ever had on.
Working here outside daily especially on fences and using chain saws a lot (chips & sawdust) I carry a Bianchi nylon with cover flap which does give good protection, these same for many years and don't plan to change.
If you have never seen or tried a Range Master holster you need to take a look at one.

http://www.c-rusty.com/
Stay Safe

majorr

Post by majorr »

I just ordered an RDWarren holster for my G19. I'm excited because his stuff looks top notch.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

majorr wrote:I just ordered an RDWarren holster for my G19. I'm excited because his stuff looks top notch.
So you're the one holding up my order :boxing

Just kidding. I have been trading e-mails with this guy and he seems to truly be a really good guy. I can't wait til he is able to make a holster and double mag pouch for me.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Before I could not handle the weight of a pistol on my waist (lumbar problems) and went to a shoulder holster I used DM Bullard here in Texas. Great work. I like the dual holster. You can wear in IWB or OWB.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

carlson1 wrote:Before I could not handle the weight of a pistol on my waist (lumbar problems) and went to a shoulder holster I used DM Bullard here in Texas. Great work. I like the dual holster. You can wear in IWB or OWB.
I'll second DM Bullard as well. Carried a G30sf in his.
NRA Benefactor Member

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Just saw one done by AM Baxter Saddlery, I think he works out of the 3W Tack Shack out in Teague, TX. Anyways looked real sharp, nice straight lines, clean basket weaving, real nice holster.

Edit:here's a link to it

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”