Retention Holster for an FNS-9?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Crash
Posts in topic: 5

Retention Holster for an FNS-9?

Post by Crash »

Would appreciate recommendations for a good retention-type holster for an FNS-9. I don't care much for a thumb strap, nor do I want a Serpa. What I'm looking for is one with a thumb drive between the holster and the pants. My problem is that I have small hands and short thumbs and need a thumb drive that sits fairly high.

Appreciate any suggestions anyone has.

Crash

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Retention Holster for an FNS-9?

Post by vjallen75 »

I also have an FNS-9, I use a safariland GLS holster. It has a grip retention release. You can typically get them anywhere. I got mine from academy and popped it out of the package and tried it out. Let me know what you think of it if that's what you decide to do.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Topic author
Crash

Post by Crash »

vjallen75,

Which of the ProFit GLS holsters did you get; there are several?

Thanks for the recommendation.

Crash

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

Crash wrote:vjallen75,

Which of the ProFit GLS holsters did you get; there are several?

Thanks for the recommendation.

Crash
Sorry, it's the 578 GLS Profit Holster with Paddle.

I Prefer using the paddle versus the belt loops, you can also adjust the retention to better fit the FNS-9.

Off topic, did you get the stainless steel or black matte slide? Mine is steel.
Vence
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Topic author
Crash

Post by Crash »

vjallen75,

Mine's the black matte. I don't open carry, but I still don't want my gun to be noticeable if it becomes exposed, so I figure an all-black gun in a black holster is the best way to do that.

Thanks for the info.

Crash

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

Crash wrote:vjallen75,

Mine's the black matte. I don't open carry, but I still don't want my gun to be noticeable if it becomes exposed, so I figure an all-black gun in a black holster is the best way to do that.

Thanks for the info.

Crash
I don't have my license yet, but I don't plan to OC either. I really like the look of the steel slide.

Have you tried out the FNX-9?
Vence

Topic author
Crash

Post by Crash »

vjallen75,

Decided to buy the ALS instead of the GLS. I'll let you know how it works out.

No, haven't tried the FNX--the shop where I bought didn't have one in stock to try. Besides, I'm pretty much committed to striker-fired pistols.

Crash

Topic author
Crash

Post by Crash »

vjallen75 wrote:I also have an FNS-9, I use a safariland GLS holster. It has a grip retention release. You can typically get them anywhere. I got mine from academy and popped it out of the package and tried it out. Let me know what you think of it if that's what you decide to do.
ALS works well, you just have to get used to it. I think it would be very hard for a bad guy to get out of the holster because not only is the release tab between the holster and the pants, you have to pull the gun out at the correct angle.

Crash

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dave2 »

Crash wrote:I don't open carry, but I still don't want my gun to be noticeable if it becomes exposed, so I figure an all-black gun in a black holster is the best way to do that.
I think an undershirt-colored gun in a pants-colored holster might blend in better.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”