Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
SMRoot
Posts in topic: 2

Little Foxx holster question

Post by SMRoot »

Hi,

I just received a Little Foxx holster for my Kahr CM9. I have some concerns about the amount of the trigger guard that is uncovered. It seemed like the reviews and examples that I saw online had more of this area covered, but they were all examples of different handguns (Shield, etc.)

So, is this ok? The trigger itself is just a bit inside the edge of the kydex.
IMG_20160606_2146178_rewind small.jpg
IMG_20160606_2145341_rewind.jpg
Thanks for taking a look. I really like the features of the holster and am hoping not to have to send it back, but I want to make sure it's safe. The pistol does not slip out or anything, when turned upside down and shaken.

FastCarry
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Little Foxx holster question

Post by FastCarry »

It looks okay to me, but only you can make the determination based on your carry method and handling proficiency. If you feel unsafe, I wouldn't think twice about getting something different. A new holster will cost less than a negligent discharge.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I agree if it makes you uncomfortable then don't carry with it. Because you will worry about it all day long and that could cause you to not carry at all. That's why I don't carry in a leather holsters because I just don't trust them. For me the trigger guard MUST be covered for me to consider the holster. Since I started making my own that's never a problem but still. The holster I carry in daily is a crossbreed supertuck and it covers the trigger completely. But if you feel safe with that holster go ahead. I'm just a safety nerd

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kenneth77 »

If the trigger was covered up all the way you wouldnt have room to get your hand on the grip with ease thats why it is that way
leeproductsonline.com

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I make my own holsters and a couple of my "factory holsters" company's have the trigger completely covered and I have zero problem grabbing the gun.

Wag2323

Post by Wag2323 »

I looked at their site I think a shield doesn't have as long of a trigger guard compared to the Kahr. The shields trigger sits farther back in the guard than the Kahr and the Kahr has a much longer trigger pull.

My CW9 in an alien gear looks similar to yours with how much of the guard is exposed. My all kydex holster covers it all but nothing is sitting below the grip like the AG holster. I actually smoothed out the kydex part of the AG that is under the grip. It had a edge that I would drag my knuckles over.

Wag2323

Post by Wag2323 »

And I just realized that your the same guy I posted these pictures for before. I guess you get to see them again but looking at a different aspect of it.

Topic author
SMRoot

Post by SMRoot »

I contacted Foxx holsters and they are sending me a replacement. Great customer service.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”