Sticky Holster Vs. Desantis Nemesis

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mikebass78
Posts in topic: 1

Sticky Holster Vs. Desantis Nemesis

Post by mikebass78 »

I have an LCP that I carry, and the Uncle Mike or BlackHawk doesn't seem to hold as well anymore.

I was looking at these two as my next choice, for pocket or I see the Sticky Says it'll stay in the waistband as well.

Does anyone have either of these and lean either way, are they equal, pros cons?

Thanks

Mike

tenke56

Re: Sticky Holster Vs. Desantis Nemesis

Post by tenke56 »

I have a stick holster that I use on occasion and it does stick quite well. The only downsides are if you have to jog or run, it can come out of your waistband. I also have noticed that after using mine for about 5-6 months, some of the material that keeps it sticking has started to come off. I havent had any experience with the Desantis holster but I like the Sticky.

longhorn86

Post by longhorn86 »

I have a Nemesis for a Shield 9 that I use to occassionally pocket carry in cargo shorts. Works great, with the holster remaining in the pocket during the draw of the gun. Also, completely covers the trigger, so I consider it a very safe method of pocket carry.
NRA Life Member

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

My wife and I usually use Crossbreeds, but when we don't want to strap that on, we each have a Remora brand 'sticky' holster that we use for our EDCs. We have both been very pleased with them. They hold very well. It's not an everyday choice for me, but it is very convenient, comfortable, and reliable.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Crash

Post by Crash »

I have tried a Remora and a DeSantis Superfly (without the concealing piece that velcroes to it) IWB in the cross-draw position while driving carrying both an M&P Shield and a Ruger LCR . Both of them worked their way up out of the belt to the point that they almost fell out when I got out of my truck. It may be because I am short (5'6") and short-waisted and both of the guns were pushed up by my thigh, but I would be careful about carrying a handgun in a holster IWB without a positive way (clip or loops) of securing it to the belt.

Crash

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

longhorn86 wrote:I have a Nemesis for a Shield 9 that I use to occassionally pocket carry in cargo shorts. Works great, with the holster remaining in the pocket during the draw of the gun. Also, completely covers the trigger, so I consider it a very safe method of pocket carry.
:iagree: I have a Desantis Nemesis for my Beretta PX4 SC and one for my Colt Detective Spacial. They both work great.
NRA Endowment Member

tyree

Post by tyree »

I occasionally pocket carry an lcp or xds in DeSantis holsters (super fly and nemesis). I like them both. They work great for pocket carry, but I don't recommend them for iwb carry at all. As previously mentioned, the pistol &/or holster can work loose over the day or during unexpectedly rigorous activity. Additionally, they don't have a rigid liner so they can collapse after a draw especially during iwb carry. This can create a safety hazard during reholstering.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

tyree wrote:I occasionally pocket carry an lcp or xds in DeSantis holsters (super fly and nemesis). I like them both. They work great for pocket carry, but I don't recommend them for iwb carry at all. As previously mentioned, the pistol &/or holster can work loose over the day or during unexpectedly rigorous activity. Additionally, they don't have a rigid liner so they can collapse after a draw especially during iwb carry. This can create a safety hazard during reholstering.
:iagree:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”