Good OWB Paddle Holster? VP9

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
cyphur
Posts in topic: 2

Good OWB Paddle Holster? VP9

Post by cyphur »

With open carry I've been doing a lot of OWB lately without issue. Problem is that I need to take my holster off rather often and the belt clip holster I have is not really conducive to that, even with hooks. It is from Eclipse Holsters and the holster itself is fantastic, and I'll never worry about it coming off my belt. Double edged sword though.

Looking for a quality paddle holster that is not some cheap piece of garbage. I don't mind spending money on a quality holster. Adjustable cant would be preferable. I would rather not have it stand off my body like a duty holster, but I know it won't hug my body like a traditional belt holster.

Recommendations?

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Good OWB Paddle Holster? VP9

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I've gone through a few different brands, including higher end ones like Kramer, but could not find a paddle style holster that I liked. They all hold the weapon too far from my body for my liking. But I also have a need to frequently take my holster on and off.

I have finally settled on a snap over holster design by RD Warren. I liked the first one so much that I bought another. Price is very reasonable, holster is beautiful, but these are leather so no adjustable cant. He also only does them for a limited selection of guns.

http://rdwarrenleather.com/index.html

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

Might take a look at Remora OWB if you want versatile and utile. Adjustable cant, easy on/off. If you want leather, pretty and expensive, not so much.

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/REMOR ... -p/owb.htm

I've had good service from my Remora IWB FS holsters, but now only use around the house or for quick runs to store as I no longer IWB since accidental exposure law went into effect and OC was just the cream on top although I do not OC no longer worry someone may see my firearm.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

A little bit away from your body isn't that bad of a thing. For me, it helps to keep from grabbing a little bit of my shirt when drawing.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
cyphur

Post by cyphur »

C-dub wrote:A little bit away from your body isn't that bad of a thing. For me, it helps to keep from grabbing a little bit of my shirt when drawing.
Agreed. I already have an OWB that keeps it tight to my body if I need to throw a shirt over it. Don't really need another yet. If I do, I'd look into Raven Concealment or a nice leather holster.

hovercat

Post by hovercat »

I have not tried these, on my wish list. http://stonerholsters.com/stoner-leather-paddle-holster

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

I actually really like Fobus paddle holsters. They are cheap, but the two I have have held up quite well thus far. They have adjustable passive retention, and I have adjusted them so that I can hold the holster upside down and shake it as hard as I can and the gun won't fall out. Yet I can still draw smoothly and reliably without having to press a button or a switch or anything. They do stand out from your body like a duty holster, though. They don't let you change the cant, but I like the cant they come at. Not sure if they make a model specific to the VP9. Hope this helps.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Try the Bianchi model 7500. Made in several sizes and stands up well to wear and has adjustable cant. About $60±.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

I have a safariland GLS 578 holster I like so far. you can change the tension on it to adjust to different firearms. They are mid-priced holsters
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

I wear a Fobus daily - it's secure, but can be quickly taken off when needed (I do it every day in the car before walking into work). They don't make one with adjustable tension for my pistol, but even so, the pistol is plenty secure.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

mloamiller wrote:I wear a Fobus daily - it's secure, but can be quickly taken off when needed (I do it every day in the car before walking into work). They don't make one with adjustable tension for my pistol, but even so, the pistol is plenty secure.
I have the Fobus double stack mag holster, works pretty well. I've shaken 2 fully loaded 17 rd mags and they didn't fly out.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”