Safariland 7ts holsters available for Glock 20/21.

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
AJSully421
Posts in topic: 3

Safariland 7ts holsters available for Glock 20/21.

Post by AJSully421 »

I have been waiting for this for a couple of years. I just placed my order for a Safariland 7ts holster for my G20 and G21 without a light. (Mounted light models have been available for about 6-8 months now.)

If you are not familiar with the 7ts system, it is a "polymer only" type holster, like a serpa, It does not have the suede lining that can retain moisture and dirt, but has all of the Safariland features that we know and love like the mounting options, ALS and SLS retention systems, QLS system, and so on.

Only available in Black right now... apparently they are waiting to have FDE Tan as well.

Just wanted for everyone else who has been waiting for holsters for their big guns.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Safariland 7ts holsters available for Glock 20/21.

Post by C-dub »

I have one for my 21SF with mounted TLR1 and other than having to use the belt slide mount instead of the paddle it is a great holster. Still waiting for them to have one for my 30SF without a light.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I would be interested to know if this holster conceals better than the Safariland ALS holster. I have the Safariland ALS holster that I have to use for 16 hours a month. I have tried wearing it at other times, but it does not conceal well. It protrudes away from the body a lot. I love the concept and it works great for what I bought it for, but as an every day use I find it not to conceal well. It would be great if the 7TS worked for concealment.

Topic author
AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

carlson1 wrote:I would be interested to know if this holster conceals better than the Safariland ALS holster. I have the Safariland ALS holster that I have to use for 16 hours a month. I have tried wearing it at other times, but it does not conceal well. It protrudes away from the body a lot. I love the concept and it works great for what I bought it for, but as an every day use I find it not to conceal well. It would be great if the 7TS worked for concealment.
These are not really good "true concealment" holsters. The ALS system takes up some room, and there is a pretty healthy gap between the belt mount and the side of the pistol to allow for that.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

AJSully421 wrote:
carlson1 wrote:I would be interested to know if this holster conceals better than the Safariland ALS holster. I have the Safariland ALS holster that I have to use for 16 hours a month. I have tried wearing it at other times, but it does not conceal well. It protrudes away from the body a lot. I love the concept and it works great for what I bought it for, but as an every day use I find it not to conceal well. It would be great if the 7TS worked for concealment.
These are not really good "true concealment" holsters. The ALS system takes up some room, and there is a pretty healthy gap between the belt mount and the side of the pistol to allow for that.
I have thought about removing the paddle part and ordering a belt holder. Do you think that might make a difference?

Topic author
AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

carlson1 wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
I have thought about removing the paddle part and ordering a belt holder. Do you think that might make a difference?
No, it is not the paddle that makes it thick, it is the holster design itself. Actually, a belt attachment will actually make it the 1/8 of an inch thicker that the belt attachment is. That attachment stays between your belt and the holster.

I use these Safariland holsters as OC holsters, I can recommend the Raven Phantom or similar with the OWB wings for a good, tight fitting OWB holster.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

AJSully421 wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
No, it is not the paddle that makes it thick, it is the holster design itself. Actually, a belt attachment will actually make it the 1/8 of an inch thicker that the belt attachment is. That attachment stays between your belt and the holster.

I use these Safariland holsters as OC holsters, I can recommend the Raven Phantom or similar with the OWB wings for a good, tight fitting OWB holster.
Good deal. Thank you. :thumbs2:

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”