Sig Sauer P320C Grip Shell

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
remanifest
Posts in topic: 3

Sig Sauer P320C Grip Shell

Post by remanifest »

I recently bought a Sig P320 with a Medium-sized grip shell off of Gunbroker. The gun arrived in great shape, and shoots well. On my first range trip this weekend, it pumped through around 125 rounds of Remington UMC & some very cheap, steel-cased Monarch FMJ 9MM. During the 125 rounds, only one round of the Monarch did not fire, which I blame on the ammunition's quality control. My XD Mod 2 shot that same round right away, though.

While I was at the range, I noticed I wasn't quite feeling in the best control of the Sig when compared to the XD, though I walked away thinking it was a great gun.

When I got home, I went online to find a new grip shell for the P320. It took a lot of digging, but I was finally able to find someone who had a small grip shell, in the gun "size" I have, and in the color I wanted (black).

It took a couple of weeks to arrive, but I have to say I think the wait is worth it. I feel like I have significantly better control of the weapon. I'll update here with a range report after I take it out to the range again.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

dragun
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Sig Sauer P320C Grip Shell

Post by dragun »

Where were you able to find the small size grip module for the compact?

Topic author
remanifest

Post by remanifest »

dragun wrote:Where were you able to find the small size grip module for the compact?
PM sent.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

What's nice about the Compact and Carry is that you can interchange those grip shells if you want. Also available in FDE, ODG, and soon GRY.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
remanifest

Post by remanifest »

I had a chance to go out to the range this weekend and to shoot my Sig with the new grip shell, and I was able to shoot amazingly well, comparatively. I was shooting for speed, not accuracy, and noticed that my grip was such that the gun returned directly to its aim-point consistently, allowing me to unleash more rounds on target more quickly.

I've now replaced my XD Mod 2 with the Sig as my EDC. If I'm knowingly going into a hostile environment, like a "hits the fan" scenario, the XD will be my choice, as it's more reliable in extreme conditions.
- Muse - Uprising

PatrickMas20
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PatrickMas20 »

From the first shot of my P320, I instantly knew I would be replacing my current EDC. Felt perfect in my hand. Definitely a great firearm!

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

For some reason, I find that I can shoot more accurately with a compact or subcompact than I do with a full-size pistol. I fired my two new pistols recently, a SIG P250 Compact in 9mm with a caliber conversion kit for SIG357, plus a SIG 320 Subcompact in 9mm. At about 5 yards, I fired the 320 Subcompact, and put three bullet holes touching each other, while the 250C took some effort to keep it in an 8" bullseye. I think the medium frame on the 250 may be to blame, because my short trigger finger isn't as comfortable on the long trigger pull on the double action 250. The 320 Subcompact is my EDC now. I have both IWB and OWB Vedder holsters for both pistols, and they are the best holsters I've ever owned. No, I'm not getting rid of either pistol, but I wouldn't mind having the small grip frame for my 250.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

What is a grip shell?

Thanks!

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Abraham wrote:What is a grip shell?

Thanks!
A Sig P320 (or P250, I think) has a plastic frame and grip that isn't legally a gun. The legal gun is this little fire control thing buried inside, and you can transfer it to different grip shells, slides, and recoil springs to get different size and caliber guns.

As a nerd, I was fascinated from first hearing about it.
Last edited by treadlightly on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

In any other pistol, we'd call it the "frame." Since the 320 serial number is only on the fire control group and is removable, they didn't want to call the plastic lower a frame, hence polymer Grip Module.

Roughly $40 for a 320 grip module not frame thing. ;-)
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

dragun

Post by dragun »

Abraham wrote:What is a grip shell?

Thanks!
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/parts/grip-modules.html

You can change out the grip module to configure to what ever size you want (modularity). Also allows you to take the fcu (fire control unit) which technically to gun and swap out different calibers and for sub compact to full size.

Just google 320 modularity.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Thanks all!

The 4th

Post by The 4th »

I was at a gun show last year and picked up a Sig P320 Compact small grip module and it was like Cinderella, it fit! And it had a great trigger. I didn't know anything about the P320, so I went home and researched it, went online and ordered one. It cost me about $100 more because the price was more and I had to buy the small grip module separate (it comes new in medium). It has become my EDC and I now have three - two compact (one with Trijicon RMR) and one subcompact.

The only problem I had was failure to extract some reloaded ammo on the first one, but after researching I found that others had had the same problem that was resolved by replacing the extractor spring. $5.95 at Top Gun. I love this gun.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”