Favorite Christmas gift so far this year is the NeoMag

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mdubtx
Posts in topic: 2

Favorite Christmas gift so far this year is the NeoMag

Post by mdubtx »

a.k.a. - Different strokes for different folks...
I did a search on the forum and only found one mention of it so far and it wasn't a positive comment.

I received a couple of the Neomag magazine holders this year. It's a little early to call them the greatest thing since sliced bread. But, they may be a contender. ;)

If you pocket carry your extra magazine(s), it is definitely worth checking out. There are several videos on Youtube. And if you looked at them before mid-year last year, consider a second glance [they had a slight redesign I could see being a big improvement.]

http://www.theneomag.com/

I carry my handgun strong side IWB and do not like to also carry a second magazine weak side IWB. I find it much more uncomfortable. Pocket carry of an extra mag works quite well for me. I knew I wanted to keep it oriented in a consistent manner and did not want to be scooping up lint from the bottom of the pocket. The freebie Remora magazine holder I received when I tried one of their holsters worked great for all that. But, it printed like a second wallet. Bigger even.

The Neomag seems to be the solution for me in pocket carrying an extra magazine. It carries the magazine just below the pocket edge and the magazine slides right out; but, only when I want it to. I have not had it become dislodged or move on me at all yet. So, the magazine is right where I expect it to be, oriented the way I expect it to be, and up off the bottom of my pocket so no lint. And, nowhere near the printing of the Remora.

I'll follow up if I have a change of heart. Like I say, I just got them. And if you have tried these and had an issue, please give me a heads up. But, I think highly enough of them so far to throw this out here.
May we never haver to draw but always be prepared.
:patriot: :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Member / TSRA Family Membership

JerryK
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Favorite Christmas gift so far this year is the NeoMag

Post by JerryK »

After a quick glance I will stick with my 'Snagmag'. Both are relatively expensive for what you get but keep in mind both are small volume business. I see one problem is the mag has to be magnetic. The two that I carry, Glock and Springfield are problematic.

Topic author
mdubtx
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mdubtx »

Both good points I did not address JerryK. Thank you.

They are not cheap but we're comparable in price to (less than some) quality IWB options. My initial reaction was they were too expensive until I weighed that in. And as you said, it's a small volume product. (Plus I managed to score mine as a gift.)

The magazines do have to work with a magnet. Glocks are almost all okay and are what I carry 90% of the time. Factory mags newer than the first version or two are fully steel lined. I believe Magpul would be all polymer though.

Not sure what Springfield you carry but I can imagine the baseplates on the XD would cause the mag to sit well above the pocket edge.
May we never haver to draw but always be prepared.
:patriot: :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Member / TSRA Family Membership

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

The NeoMag is pricey. :confused5

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

My OWB spare magazine holder is constructed of high quality material, holds my spare magazine securely& simply, is quite comfortable and far, far less costly.

I just don't see NM being a superior alternative.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”