Optics

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
twjones
Posts in topic: 1

Optics

Post by twjones »

Looking for recommendations on where you typically look to purchase your optics.

I've found a few decent sites on the web just seeing if I'm missing any.

Thank you.

WildBill

Re: Optics

Post by WildBill »

twjones wrote:Looking for recommendations on where you typically look to purchase your optics.

I've found a few decent sites on the web just seeing if I'm missing any.

Thank you.
I buy my optics from B&H Photo. I have been using them for 25+ years. Great selection, prices and customer service.
NRA Endowment Member

STEELTRIP1N

Post by STEELTRIP1N »

Primary Arms

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

For online purchases, I've made most of mine through SWFA.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Weg

Post by Weg »

I've used Optic's Planet lately, no complaints, and their prices are very competitive.

Rhino1

Post by Rhino1 »

I've used Optic Planet before. I use LaRue mounts exclusively on all my optics. I bought my last Aimpoint along with the mount from LaRue. I am sold on Aimpoint for anything I'm betting my life on. For my AR-15 22, I've bought one of Primary Arms red dots and have been happy.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Weg wrote:I've used Optic's Planet lately, no complaints, and their prices are very competitive.
Yeah, their prices are usually pretty good, but their inventory isn't always reliable, and worse yet, they aren't really honest about it. More than once, including my most recent order with them a few days ago, they showed an item in stock, took my money, and then I get an email later saying that the item is on backorder, and it's going to take X weeks to get it in stock.

I ordered a Primary Arms Advanced Microdot and a Midwest Industries MI Gen2 Sub 2000 T1/T2 Optic Mount, both for my new Keltec Sub-2000 on 12/30. After placing the order, I got an email saying:
"Midwest Industries MI GEN2 SUB 2000 T1/T2 OPTIC MOUNT, Black, MI-G2SUB-T2 - Estimated to ship within 12-21 days".
This is not the first time this has happened to me with them. They do not do a good job of maintaining product availability information on their website. I would have paid the same prices for both products buying them from Primary Arms' website directly, but on their website, the optic mount was backordered. I made my decision based on Optics Planet moving giving any indication that the product was out of stock.

Well, they got my money, but it's a hind of dishonest way of doing business. It will be a cold day in hades before I buy from them again.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Most recent purchases have been Leupold from LGS
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I just saw this thread.

My input: While some like TAM have had back order problems with Optics Planet, (though they often have great sale prices) I never have and have bought from them 3 times over the past 5 or so years.

But, if you want (in my experience) a 100% dependable source for optics, buy from Primary Arms.

I've bought a ton of stuff from them.

Honest, dependable, knowledgeable, super good guys.

Without going into detail, they've done stuff for me that was going over and above great customer service.

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

I buy all of my optics from Vortex. Their Veterans discount program is unbelievable.

Before that started - I ordered most of mine through Primary Arms. Their in-house brands are pretty good for red dots. I wouldn't go to war with them, but if you're on this forum, probably not talking about that use-case.

Also - I used to use LaRue mounts for everything. But now I use Seekins precision matched rings (or Vortex, but they OEM from Seekins), or Bobro. Bobro blows LaRue out of the water. Fit, finish, everything.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”