New holster

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 2

New holster

Post by dws1117 »

Went to the gun show in Conroe yesterday. Along with some 230gr Winchester Ranger ammo, I picked up a Glaco Royal Guard holster for a 5" 1911 for $20. It looks like it has never been used. Everything is very stff and tight. There are no wear marks anywhere in the holster. With an MSRP of a little over $100 and going for about $85 online It seems like I got a good deal.

Does anyone have any experience with these holsters? What did you like or not like? How did it wear? How did it last.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gigag04 »

I have a galco holester, belt, mag holder setup, and it is all very nice I think.

I have the sillhoute holster for my XD SC and it's held up nicely. Galco seems to be pretty high quality gear. It should serve ya well!

-nick
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

The Galco Royal Gaurd is a really nice holster and you got a screamin' deal. The seller must have been clueless.

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dws1117 »

you got a screamin' deal. The seller must have been clueless.
That's what I was thinking. I almost felt guilty and offered a little more, but I came to my senses. I did feel guilty enought that I didn't try to haggle him down.

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

I used to carry a Para P14 in one and had no problems with it. As I gained weight, I wore it less and less though and opted for OEB holsters.

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”